Sports and Orthopedic Physical Therapist
Location: Oakland, CA
Benefits: Competitive pay with bonuses, PTO, 401k, continuing education, custom mentoring
The orthopedic trained Physical Therapist will seek great outcomes through a one-on-one personalized approach, within a well-respected and established private practice. The therapist will specialize in the rehabilitation of sports, orthopedic injuries in addition to wellness care for active individuals.
- Meets the patient's goals and needs and provides quality care by assessing and interpreting evaluations and test results; determining physical therapy treatment plans in consultation with physicians or by prescription.
- Helps patient accomplish treatment plan and accept therapeutic devices by administering manual exercises; instructing, encouraging, and assisting patients in performing physical activities.
- Assures continuation of therapeutic plan following discharge by designing home exercise programs; instructing patients, families, and caregivers in home exercise programs; recommending and/or providing assistive equipment; recommending outpatient or home health follow-up programs.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions. Schedules are flexible and will be determined based on the needs of coverage for the clinic.
- Must have a BachelorDegree in Physical Therapy from an accredited program.
- Valid California Physical Therapist License
- Proficient organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities.
**Please be aware this is a job summary, not an all-inclusive listing of the tasks and duties for this position.
Employment decisions and actions will be administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, veteran status, gender, disability or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law or regulation, except where any one of these is a bona fide occupational qualification. We will give full consideration to the employment of any person who is qualified to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, the work for which application is made.