This is a hands-on individual contributor role, but will also require an individual that can step up to provide thought leadership guidance to a team. Subject matter expertise and confidence are essential. The individual in this role will be accountable for driving solutions across teams for building a Splunk architectures that ensure sustainable performance, streamlining the process of data on-boarding to Splunk as well as integrating Splunk indexes with other data stores. The individual will also be accountable for driving news strategies, for scaling the Splunk platform into the public cloud with access management and data protection controls.
Candidates should have at least 5-7 years' infrastructure engineering experience with expertise configuring, tuning and optimizing Splunk infrastructure for real time performance. This platform is used at TD Ameritrade for logging, monitoring and business critical time series data. Qualified candidates should also have expertise in building Splunk and ITSI dashboards, and with optimizing search queries across large and heavily utilized Splunk indexes.
- Must have expert knowledge of Unix/Linux platform configuration, performance tuning, and OS internals.
- Must have expert understanding of cross platform logging systems and log data forwarding solutions including, syslog forwarding and facilities, Splunk forwarder, Windows eventlog , WEC/WEF, log appended services such as log4j and the best practices for managing structured and unstructured event data
- Expertise with shell scripting, leveraging languages such as Python for scripting , job schedulers and is expected to build and maintain automation solutions for system administration and data management tasks.
- Excellent communication, writing, and interpersonal skills. This roles requires engagement with teams across the TDA tech community regarding data on-boarding to Splunk, dashboard building, governance, and will require the individual to maintain documentation.
- SQL database data management and reporting skills that include ability to write SQL database queries and ETL operations.
- Familiarity configuring infra and managing data in other data and search platforms such as MongoDB, Elastic Search, Grafana, Cassandra or Hadoop is a plus.