Splunk Monitoring Engineer
??We are looking for Splunk Monitoring Engineer for our client in Los Angeles, CA
Job Title: Splunk Monitoring Engineer
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
?US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.?
- Candidate should have good knowledge of Splunk development like creating alerts in splunk, log search/analysis, reports and dashboard creation. Along with 3-4years? working experience in SolarWinds, SCOM or other Enterprise monitoring tools
Below are the primary responsibilities that will be performed by the ideal candidate for Splunk:
- Interface with Operations team to identify improvements to detection and alerting capabilities
- Risk to Event Correlation
- Create and develop correlation and detection rules, Write policy, review logs, decipher false positives
Alongwith the above, below are some add-on responsibilities and requirements:
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems and Basics of UNIX.
- Basic knowledge of Windows AD, Exchange, SQL and Microsoft clusters.
- Should have hands on knowledge on various Microsoft application e.g. WSUS, DNS, DHCP etc.
- Basic understanding of SNMP, WMI, perfmon, syslog etc.
- Strong knowledge of SCOM components and administration.
- Responsible for Installing SCOM agents and troubleshooting agent issues
- Basic knowledge of Management Packs, Importing and exporting MPs and Troubleshooting MPs
- Create/Schedulereports for infrastructure / application utilization, health, performance, and availability.
- Strong knowledge for creating Monitors, rules and handling Overrides effectively.
- Strong scripting skills in one or more of the following: Power Shell, Perl, VBScript.
- Strong knowledge in identify and diagnose application performance issues.