What you’ll be doing...
Responsible for the development, integration, and management of Splunk, and other tools designed to monitor hardware, software, and networks.
Systems Monitoring Responsibilities
• Perform all Splunk administrative and support duties in a large environment to ensure the tool delivers value to the users. Work on the integration of Splunk with other tools and processes used in the organization. Consult with internal teams and users to define requirements, recommend and implement solutions. Update and deploy Splunk Application and configurations to client installations using DeploymentManager or alternate 3rd party deployment tools such as Red Hat Satellite and/or Ansible. Provide Splunk expertise and internal training sessions as needed
• Troubleshoot and tune the monitors for servers, applications, and network to ensure utmost availability and performance. This includes analyzing errors and system information (with other support groups as needed), executing system utilities, developing and implementing potential automation and performing configuration modifications for resolution
• Deploying Splunk scripted field extraction using regular expressions within a distributed Splunk environment
• Configuration of Splunk indexers, Universal/heavy forwarders, and optimizing searches
• Create and optimize Alerting, Reporting, and advanced Dashboards
• Definition of availability and performance monitoring requirements through thorough analysis of complex application systems
• Definition of monitoring best practices to most effectively and efficiently fulfill monitoring requirements
• Health and Performance analysis across all layers of complex application systems
• Physical & Virtual Servers
• Applications –JBoss/Wildfly/JVM
• Databases – Oracle, Cassandra, etc
• External Systems – 3rd party services
What we’re looking for...
Must have at least one Splunk Certification (preferably 2) and have experience working with Splunk 6.0+
- Splunk Power User Certification
- Splunk Administrator Certification
- Splunk Architect Certification
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and minimum 5 years’ experience managing Splunk in for large and highly complex environments
Expert level performance analysis, troubleshooting, and root cause analysis skills within Java based environments
Broad knowledge of monitoring, event management, and automation applications
Understanding of XML technologies, scripting abilities
Extensive experience creating alerts, dashboards, and reports within Splunk
Preferred at least 3 years of experience administering and analyzing performance with APM tools such as DynaTrace (strongly preferred), AppDynamics, and NewRelic APM
Extensive experience creating alerts, dashboards, and reports within APM tools
Strong problem solving and root cause identification skills.
Organized and creative critical thinking and problem solving skills
Strong analytical and decision-making abilities.
Ability to handle multiple complex projects simultaneously and to adapt to changing priorities
Strong ability to effectively recognize, research, and analyze new technologies
Candidates with additional skills in any of the following areas would be preferred (don’t include in job description)…
-Bash Scripting/Python Scripting
-ELK (Elasticsearch, logstash, kibana) and otherhttps://elastic.coproducts (Shield, Watcher, Beats, Graph, etc), or the logstash competitorfluentd