That's a cool job - I want it
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and strive to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we're committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most meaningfully to each other's success.
SplunkZero, the internal innovation team using and promoting the use of Splunk, at Splunk is looking for a Splunk Engineer to build innovative use cases for Splunk's internal groups. SplunkZero's efforts will serve as a mechanism to showcase the possibilities of our products to prospects and customers. This position is responsible for engaging internal users and drive the ideation to rollout cycle of Splunk enabled insights. The role involves ownership and technical leadership, working closely with other members of marketing, sales, sales engineering, product management, development engineering, and partners, leading the end to end experience. Work at Splunk's headquarters in San Francisco, California in this phenomenal opportunity at one of the fastest-growing and most dynamic enterprise technology companies in the world.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Lead ideation and implementation for new use cases built on Splunk for internal business teams. Connect market and technology trends with Splunk’s technology to identify key use cases
- Design and implement process and runbooks to promote innovation ideas to Operations.
- Showcase through content that best conveys the Splunk technology story which may include demos, presentations, whitepapers and other tools.
Required Skills and Background: I've already done that or have that!
- 4+ years experience with IT or working in a large enterprise environment
- 2+ years app development experience with distributed Splunk deployment, utilizing search head clustering, indexer clustering, and deployment server
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- Experience establishing value and translating this to effective technology-based demonstration use cases.
- Experience and familiarity with IT management software products, networking, server, application monitoring and/or web technologies.
- Self-starter who truly enjoys a fast-paced, innovative software start-up environment.
- Experience in interacting with customers and onboarding, configuration, and optimization in Splunk
- Experience with using scripting languages to automate tasks and manipulate data