Requires experience designing, developing, and deploying Splunk based solutions in both "on premise" and "cloud-based" environments. Design and implement multiple Splunk projects to enhance log analytics, visualization and analysis initiatives which includes strong emphasis on security.
- Work with senior leadership to develop and enhance our log analytics, visualization, and analysis initiative.
- Develop and document future state.
- Help build a collaborative culture through delivery of functionality in a DevOps model.
- Be a leader and expert on Splunk practices and components
- Be an evangelist of Splunk in the company
- Lead, teach and develop Splunk talent throughout the organization.
- Design and implement Splunk maintenance and operation standards.
- Scope and implement Splunk projects from start-to-finish, including but not limited to:
- Gathering requirements
- Data ingestion (forwarders, API calls, DB queries, modular inputs)
- Mapping data fields to CIM
- Dashboard Creation and iteration
- Splunk engineer with overall 3-5 years of overall experience hands-on expertise with large scale logging.
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure and how components correlate (windows and Linux servers, databases, storage arrays, networking equipment, Active Directory, etc.)
- Ability to support the administration of the current Splunk environment
- Perform routine maintenance and facilitate customizations and changes to the Splunk environment
- Familiarization with all components of a distributed Splunk environment (search head and index clusters, deployment servers, forwarders, management consoles)
- Creation and maintenance of alerts, saved searches, and other knowledge objects
- Demonstrated Experience
- Review and integrate the technical architecture requirements across Cloud infrastructure.
- Excellent problem solving, planning and organizing skills.
- Experience with either Enterprise Security or ITSI
- Experience using Splunk to monitor a public cloud (Azure)
- Python programming language for creation of modular inputs
- Prepare and maintaina systems and application support documentation and schematics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.