Attaining the professional services revenue goals of the engineering team by demonstrating sound decision making, disciplined technical execution and domain expertise, and a relentless focus on customer experience will be critical to your position. Kinney Group will invest in training and development for team members to maintain current in new technology and tools, which serve our current and future commercial and Federal customers. While this role does not require specific Splunk training or knowledge, we will provide preferential consideration for candidates who have worked with Splunk previously.
Desired Skills & Experience
LOCATION: This role can be located near any major US airport and will require up to 75% travel on a regular basis.
- The Splunk Development Engineer should have at least two (2) years of hands-on experience in IT systems administration on Windows or UNIX platforms (RH Linux, SUSE Linux, HP-UX, Solaris or equivalent.) Must include specific expertise executing program installation and configuration from the command line.
- The Splunk Development Engineer should have experience with client/server communications privacy using private key infrastructure (PKI)
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and strong technical learning aptitude required.
- Experience must include using regex (regular expressions) with a scriptinglanguage. Experience with perl regular expressions are preferred, but use of regex objects in any scriptinglanguage (bash, python, c++, ruby, etc.) is acceptable.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Splunk experience including, but not limited to, Splunk Administration; Splunk Search Processing language; Splunk Reporting and Dashboard Creation
- The Splunk Development Engineer should have experience in Windowsscripting (batch, VBScript, Powershell) with at least two (2) years experience with these technologies.
- Prefer experience working with Windows System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Prefer experience in software update management using Microsoft Software Installation (MSI) Technology
- Experience in systems administration – specifically hardening – using Microsoft Group Policy Objects (GPO)
- Experience in application load balancing in Splunk and/or using DNS and Load Balancing Services (such as F5)
- The Splunk Deployment Engineer should be versed in linux scripting (SH, BASH, KSH) with at least two (2) years experience with these technologies.
Education / Experience Requirements:
- Technical degree (Computer / Data Science) or 5 years of relevant professional experience