We are looking for Splunk Developer for our client in Mountain View CA or Dallas TX
Job Title: ??Splunk Developer
Job Location: Mountain View CA or Dallas TX
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- ?Splunk development for web application, batch, search, indexes
- Create Splunk Apps to handle multiple aspects of data input, visualization, third-party integrations, etc
- Create Dashboards, Visualizations, Statistical reports, scheduled searches, alerts and knowledge objects.
- Create technology add-ons to support custom integration
- Create log parsing, complex Splunk searches, including external table lookups
- Use Splunk API to use Splunk features from external systems
- Create modular inputs to support custom data integration
- Design scripts to automate Splunk maintenance and alerts
- Create Splunk Common Information Model (CIM), Data Models, and reportaccelerations
- Understanding of Splunk Data Models
- Knowledge of Splunk configurations, dependencies, and forwarder management
- Understands Splunk architecture and components (search head, deployment server, cluster master, indexers, forwarders )
- Splunk Certified Administrator, Splunk Certified Architect, and Splunk Certification preferred
- Drive complex security focused deployments of Splunk while working side by side with the customers to solve their unique problems across a variety of use cases
- Experience in Supporting large-scale implementations >1 TB/day with data feeds
- Expertise in Splunk cluster Administration (Search Head cluster, Indexer Cluster, and Distributed Management Console) including version upgrades, permissions, and audit compliance
- Expert in Install, configure & administer Splunk Enterprise Server and Splunk Universal Forwarder, Splunk Heavy Forwarders in the large distributed environment.
- Monitor and maintain Splunk performance, availability, and capacity.
- Engage application and infrastructure teams to establish best practices for utilizing Splunk data and visualizations.
- Create and maintain documentation related to architecture and operational processes for Splunk.
- Develop custom Splunk visualizations dashboards, data models, reports, alerts.
- Experience with enterprise-scale operations and maintenance environments
- Understand client security posture and requirements
- Leverage previous experiences, share best practices and create innovative solutions to push user adoption and maximize the value of Splunk
- Ability to quickly explore, examine and understand complex security problems and how it affects a customer’s business
- Ability to listen and collaborate with audiences ranging from IT administrators to executive level stakeholders to help deliver solutions