Hunter Strategy, LLC is a HUBZone certified small business that was founded in 2014 by a group of like-minded IT professionals who have seen both the good and the bad of beltway consulting. Our company was created with the goal of helping the federal government affect positive organizational change through strategic consulting services, IT consolidation, and automation.
We have an opening to support a Department of Labor (DOL) customer in Washington, DC looking for an experienced Cyber Threat and IT Security professional to join a Small Government Organization. This role is on a small client facing team and will be a Security Engineer position supporting the SOC operations and maintenance. Will perform O&M for SOC tools including incident response and tracking system, NIDS, SIEM, Log Management architecture, DLP, Forensic tool suites, Vulnerability Assessment scanners, and many other SOC-tools.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Support in areas relating to compliance, assessments, and authorization
* Be a technical resource to support the client's Enterprise Security Operations Center (ESOC) to include engineering support, operations, and maintenance of security tools
* Respond and resolve customer support ticket requests relating to ESOC tools via Remedy
* Run vulnerability and patching reports, analyze data, and present findings to client
* Practical knowledge of security management processes including, but not limited to, risk management, security planning, IT security control implementation, testing, and logical access controls
* Serve as liaison between client and tool support team to resolve issues
* Assist with deployment of various tools through engineering support
* Experience with tools such as BigFix, Tenable, WebInspect, DbProtect, RES, Nessus
* Firewall experience with Cisco and other firewalls.
* Five (5) plus years in IT infrastructure, networking, architecture, administration, or security (required)
* Two (2) years of experience in project management (preferred)
* Bachelor?s degree in relevant technical field of study
* Security+, CISSP, or other security related training/certification
Hunter Strategy LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment.