Description: Responsible for speech therapy management of patients under the direction and supervision of the PT/OT Supervisor.
- Evaluates patients and interprets evaluation findings to determine the nature and extent of dysfunction.
- Establishes treatment goals and plans treatment to achieve established goals.
- Initiates discharge planning from speech therapy.
- Implements the treatment program through direct treatment of the patient, may delegate a portion of the treatment plan to appropriate supportive personnel, and coordination of the treatment plan with other health care personnel as appropriate.
- Provides advice and education to patient and family.
- Regularly assesses clinical signs and symptoms to determine effectiveness of treatment, progress of patient towards goals, and the need for modifying goals and treatment.
- Discharges patient from speech therapy when the patient has received maximum benefit from speech therapy.
- Provides accurate, timely documentation of speech therapy management.
- Provides accurate, timely documentation of speech therapy patient management.
- Demonstrates progress toward meeting the criteria for professional practice as outlined in the ASHA (American Speech-Language Hearing Association) guidelines.
- Act as clinical instructor for speech language pathology students (SLP) during their clinical affiliations and provide supervision of SLP students and other speech therapist working with students.
- Provide assistance with class/program development, provides education and related services.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum three (3) years of full-time practice experience as a licensed speech language pathologist in a clinical setting required.
- Graduate of an accredited Speech Language Pathologist curriculum Masters degree program with state certification in speech therapy or foreign-trained equivalent required.
- Actively pursuing specialty training or certification from ASHA or other specialty or accrediting body or doctoral degree in an area of specialty related to speech therapy.
License, Certification, Registration
- Licensure to practice speech therapy by the State of Maryland required.
- National Provider Identification (NPI) required.
- BLS certification required.
Job Number: 668330