Provides diagnosis and treatment of communication disorders for more complex cases. Ensures compliance with standards and regulatory requirements. Oversees work of entry-level staff and supports community programs.
- Evaluates and administers diagnostic tests and provides individualized treatment to adults and children for a variety of communication disorders, voice and swallowing impairment, and neurological defects. Advises physicians and member/caregiver of test results.
- Collaborates with physician as treatment plan changes. Provides training for more junior therapists. Participates in developing inservice programs for staff development. Monitors the work of contract therapists and the treatment of patients in non-Kaiser facilities. Serves as a consultant on interdisciplinary teams.
- Develops, implements, and maintains department policies and procedures. Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local requirement. Identifies and recommends opportunities to contain costs and improve services. Assists with community programs.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Minimum two (2) years of previous experience as a Speech Therapist.
- Master's degree in Speech Language Pathology.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current California license required by employment start date.
- Certificate of Clinical Competence issued by the American Speech Language Hearing Association.
- Must have a National Provider Identifier (NPI) or obtain an NPI prior to the employment start date.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local requirements.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
Independent in administering and interpreting Modified Barium Swallow Study.
Experience with Fiberoptic Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallow.
Experience with Laryngeal Video Stroboscopy.
Experience with Alternative Augmentative Communication.
Experience with Tracheostomy, Laryngectomy, PMV and TEP.
Job Number: 751898