Provides a quality Speech Language Pathology program to clients. Responsibilities:
- Achieves and maintains a level of productivity which meets or exceeds the standards established for the facility by the organization.
- Prepares necessary time records.
- Maintains current status of all pertinent criteria necessary to satisfy competency requirements for regulatory and accrediting agencies such as OSHA, TJC and CMS and practitioner requirements for participation as a health care provider including but not limited to: required CEU's, current professional license; current curriculum vitae; current CPR certification; current TB test; current competencies in safety, age and equipment; and in some cases current automobile license and current automobile insurance. Performs in accordance with system-wide competencies/behaviors.
- Independently pursues professional growth and development related to this position and in lines with the mission and activities. Presents in-service and educational programs. Participates in community education and/or continuing education programs sponsored by the organization as requested.
- Performs all job responsibilities and other duties as assigned by the facility or the organization in a manner that coincides with the mission.
- Maintains accurate progress notes and professional records on all patients seen for speech pathology services.
- Adheres to and supports the organizational policies, procedures and the mission,including the Corporate Compliance Program and its Code of Conduct and HIPAA regulations. This includes acceptance of the responsibility to report to the appropriate person(s) any suspected unethical, incompetent, or illegal activities or conduct.
- Provides appropriate speech pathology treatments for all clients for whom such services are beneficial.
- Prepares diagnostic and evaluative reports with recommendations for each person seen for Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology services.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality.
- Provides appropriate diagnostic evaluative services for all clients referred for Speech-Language Pathology services.
- Compiles and reports accurate data for the financial, statistical and administrative needs of the Speech-Language Pathology Programs.
- Coordinates the evaluation, scheduling and treatment programs of clients referred for Speech-Language Therapy.
- Attends and actively participates in staff meetings, staff development, departmental committees and in-service education programs.
- Obtains complete and pertinent historical information on all clients referred for Speech-Language Pathology services.
- Maintains a positive attitude and provides excellent customer service characterized by caring, concern and support for the public, supervisors, employees and coworkers.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- EDUCATIONAL/KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS: (include minimum education)
- MS, MEd or MA in Speech-Language Pathology.
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES & INTERPERSONAL/LANGUAGE SKILLS:
- Must possess knowledge and skills required to provide quality customer service.
- Must possess knowledge of normal human growth and development over the lifespan.
- Must be able to read, understand, analyze, and interpret medical record documents.
- Must be skilled in planning/organization, follow up/control, delegation, problem solving, self-development orientation, organizational behaviors/competencies, and stress tolerance.
- Must possess the ability to apply principles of logic and strategic thinking to a wide range of problems, and to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Must possess effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess the ability to identify referral growth opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with healthcare team, coworkers, supervisors, and all members of the Corporate Management Team.
- Active participation with health care industry professional organizations is preferred.
- Must complete all mandatory competencies for system, CRS business unit and/or facility.
- Must complete CRS Orientation, Facility-specific Orientation, and Department Specific Orientation(s) where appropriate.
- May in the course of their job duties be in rooms where medications are stored. No contact with medications is allowed.
Current ASPHA certification required
CCC (Certificate of Clinical Competency) or meet the educational requirements for certification and be in the process of completing his or her Clinical Fellowship year. CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire
- American Speech Language Hearing Association
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Speech Pathologist
- Act 33 with renewal
- Act 34 with renewal
- Act 73 FBI Clearance with renewal
- UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMC's Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life - because we believe that you're at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, we're driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety , Dignity & Respect , Caring & Listening , Responsibility & Integrity , Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.