Job Posting Description
At Boston Children's Hospital, success is measured in patients treated, parents comforted and teams taught. It's in discoveries made, processes perfected, and technology advanced. In major medical breakthroughs and small acts of kindness. And in colleagues who have your back and patients who have your heart. As a teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, our reach is global and our impact is profound. Join our acclaimed Otolaryngology & Communication Enhancement department and discover how your talents can change lives. Yours included.
The Speech & Language Pathologist will be responsible for:
- Bedside AAC assessment and intervention in the Pediatric Intensive Care Units and all hospital wide Acute Care Services;
- Providing pre-operative AAC assessment and planning including Message Banking Services as appropriate;
- Family and bedside provider training, in-servicing, and collaboration;
- Frequent in-service training to numerous hospital services throughout the Boston Children's Hospital Medical Center;
- Participation in unit rounds, specialty team rounds, and case conferences;
- Participation in innovations projects focused on improved patient care and outcomes;
- Participate in all hospital wide initiatives focused on patient-provider communication;
- Participation in research projects and conference presentation is encouraged;
- Collaboration with the outpatient Aug Comm. Program to coordinate follow-up patient care at time of discharge as appropriate.
- Working collaboratively with multiple disciplines in a fast-paced medical environment
To qualify, you must have:
- A Master's degree in Speech Pathology is required.
- ASHA CCC and Massachusetts state license.
- 3-5 years of directly related clinical experience in Augmentative Communication.