The Spectrum Community Solutions Sales Director is responsible for development and implementation of programs and strategies that maximize the Company's market-share through the acquisition, retention and growth of MDU (multi-family dwelling unit) business. This position negotiates and directs MDU Account Executives that negotiate with property developers, builders, utility consultants, property owners and management firms for access, marketing and service rights for their MDU properties. This position will also identify opportunities for MDU acquisitions and win-backs.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Actively and consistently, support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
- Oversee MDU homes passed growth and retention by signing MDU Right of Entry (ROE) agreements.
- Analyze market conditions and negotiation of competitive ROE agreements.
- Responsible for complete financial analysis, including but not limited to ROI and red-line approvals on all contracts signed.
- Oversee the monitoring and tracking of MDU new build projects using a variety of management reports and tools.
- Strategically coordinate and communicate MDU activities with designated leadership and stakeholders to maximize MDU investments and revenues.
- Manage and monitor functions relative to staff including selection, training, development, performance evaluation, discipline, termination and salary/status change recommendations.
- Assist with the development of the MDU AE commission plan, compliance and periodic updates to this plan.
- Work with MDU Operations team to ensure that contract administration is being maintained in accordance with company objectives including the recording and tracking of all contracts, the proper management of rate increases for bulk accounts and maintaining contractdatabases.
- Work closely with the legal team on all MDU contracts and vendor agreements to ensure compliance and maximize return on investment.
- Develop and implement programs and strategies designed to improve upon and support the Company image and reputation with property owners in the interest of building long-term business relationships.
- Respond to competitive threats and work with Legal on all violations of exclusive rights.
- Attend real estate and property management industry association functions and participate in relevant trade shows.
- Perform public relations and liaison functions with market research firms, homebuilder's associations, multi-family housing groups and county/city building agencies.
- Lead and participate in succession planning
- Adhere to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable
- Know, understand and follow company policy
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Demonstrated Leadership qualities
- Organizational agility
- Demonstrated ability to perform strategic planning and analysis
- Ability to initiate and bring closure to negotiations
- Ability to develop, communicate and implement strategies and tactics.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management, company personnel, vendors/service providers, and customers (new and existing)
- Ability to listen to and interpret the needs of the customer
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to show judgment and initiative and to accomplish job duties
- Ability to supervise and motivate others
- Ability to use personal computer and software applications
- Ability to use automated reporting and analysis applications
- Ability to maintain professional demeanor in stressful situations.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of marketing strategies and procedures
- Advanced Knowledge of company products and services
Bachelor's degree in business or related field, or equivalent work experience.
Related Work Experience
- Industry related experiencepreferred.
- Experience in residential property management or real estate development a plus
- 10+ years MDU Management experience
- 5+ years Project Management experience
- 5+ years Product Management experience
Certifications and Licenses
Valid driver's license with satisfactory driving record within Company required standards