Payette is a leading architectural design firm in Boston, MA specializing in the programming, planning and design of complex buildings for scientific and medical research, academic teaching and healthcare.
In recognition of the quality of the firm's work and professional leadership, Payette received the 2019 AIA Architecture Firm Award, the highest national honor bestowed upon an architectural practice.
The Firm is looking for a Specifications Writer to work with its project teams developing specifications. The position requires the candidate have significant project experience and knowledge in producing project specifications that support the Firm's design approach and culture.
- Write complex specifications for technical projects
- Work closely with the Specification Team to formulate the Firm's specification processes and standards, develop and maintain Firm's custom specification masters and inserts
- Research and make available specification technical resource tools to project teams and individuals involved in the production of specifications
Candidates must hold the following qualifications:
- A professional degree in architecture
- At least 10 years of total experience and at least 5 yearsexperience in specification writing
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Masterspec
- Experience in institutional, healthcare, or academic building types
- Architectural registration, LEED accreditation, and certification as specification writer preferred
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit preferred
- Strong project experience, proving a good understanding of building technology and practical knowledge of coordinating specifications with drawings
- Working knowledge of professional practice issues and documents relating to specifications, including special requirements for complex front-end specifications
- Ability to communicate with and understand the needs of project teams
- Strong organizational skills and management style appropriate to responsibilities
- Ability to conceptualize, develop, deliver, and implement management of specification resources on time and within budget
Only resumes submitted online will be consid