Reporting directly to an Area Vice President, the Senior Specialty Sales Executive is responsible for the identification, development and sale of new employer specialty groups for the small (2-99) core (100 – 1999) and Premier (2,000+) markets to achieve business objectives. Spends approximately 50 – 75% of their time working withinternal Sales Executives, Account Managers and in the field.
- Overall relationship management of assigned medical reps, account managers and producer firms.
- Engages reps, account managers and producers in a consultative manner.
- Ascertains underlying needs of producers and employers and maintains strong consultative relationship with producers.
- Develops, executes and maintains strategic business plan to achieve goals.
- Creates comprehensive solutions to meet needs of producers and employers.
- Educates producer and their team on BSC product offering, capabilities and health care solutions.
- Educates medical reps and account managers on products, changes and competitive landscape.
- Facilitates weekly sales team meetings focused on RFP pipeline management, target prospects and producer firm activities.
- Develops and manages mid size and large group prospects to close the sale.
- Conducts finalist presentations.
- Collaborates with all members of the sales team, including sharing information within the team, providing market insight or feedback as appropriate and supporting the team in achieving new sales.
- Maintains specialty competitive and industry knowledge.
- Effectively communicates BSC strategies, value proposition and mission in the market place.
- Serves as sale team role model.
- Actively provides competitive feedback and market data.
- Attend medical sales and account management meetings.
- Partner with the new and existing Medical Reps and Account Managers to ensure they have a good level of specialty product knowledge.
- Work closely with underwriting and underwriting leads and management on appeals and pricing strategy.
- Specialize in one segment (Small/Core/Premier) as a subject matter expert and act as a Liaison for projects in that segment.
- Bachelor's degree and six plus years of experience in insurance/employee benefit sales or equivalent combination of education and experience and sales management experience.
- Proven excellence in sales skills and results across products (Dental, Vision and Life).
- Expert knowledge of the specialty industry and related benefit products and services.
- Expert knowledge of pricing for experience and manually rates cases.
- Possess strategic selling skills.
- Demonstrated relationship management of brokers, GA’s and national consulting firms.
- Experience managing formal RFP’s process including questionnaires, claims, contracts, pricing and discount analysis.
- Demonstrated ability in understanding customer needs.
- Strong business and financial acumen.
- Proven results in achieving production goals and objectives selling.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional presentation skills.
- Maintains valid driver’s license.
- Current Life Agent License with California Department of Insurance.
- Strong PC skills including Salesforce, Microsoft Office Applications.