Marsh & McLennan Agency
Working within MMA East's consulting division; the Specialty Practice Leader (SPL) provides thought leadership and expertise within the health and welfare spectrum across a broad range of specialty practices. Supported by the specialty account teams responsible for day to day management of the specialty solutions and accounts, the SPL provides practice oversite. The Director will lead a cross functional team of Benefit Subject Matter Experts and Practices Leaders across the stop loss, pharmacy, and communications space. Expertise and experience needed general employee benefits with a specific focus in prescription drug, stop loss, captive, and communications. Role has overall responsibility for the growth, retention, and development of a 20M+ block of business, the development and nurturing of key relationships and the delivery of a high quality health and welfare solutions. Role will also support new sales, product development and vendor relationships.
This job is available for remote work except in Colorado.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited, to the following:
Thought Leadership / Expertise
- Provide expertise, coaching and materials development in support of the account management team
- Participate in key client and prospect meetings as requested.
- Work with Specialty Practice Team Members to determine optimal staffing, product solution, reporting and marketing support needed to retain and grow their individual units.
- Work closely with MMA East Operations team to identify technology solutions that may best fit for both the Practice and Product teams needs while aligning with overall MMA East technology requirements and solution roadmap.
- Work with Senior Leadership and Product and Practice Leaders to understand both existing carrier and or vendor relationships and overall books of business to help MMA East manage overall vendor relationships. This will include regular meetings with key leadership from these organizations to get and receive feedback on process, market conditions and overall approach to market.
- Work with Senior Leadership including Legal, Compliance and Finance to understand any proposed commissions agreements at an enterprise level to assure agreement with defined internal policies and procedures that minimize risk of errors and omissions, as well as reporting and tracking for Finance purposes.
- Continually monitor the market and understand trends that be emerging and if current MMA East value proposition supports those trends or if new solutions need to be developed. If new solutions need to be developed work to alert Senior Leadership and collaborate with team to determine overall market need.
- Coordinate with MMA East and as appropriate MMA Marketing and Communications (MARCOM) teams to assure overall EH&B content including solution specific content is still market relevant, work through updates as needed or develop new content as appropriate.
- As appropriate work with MARCOM to help deliver content and as needed present Topics or MMA East Solutions to Clients and Prospects such as Monthly Webinar Series, Targeted Industry Roundtables and alike.
- Provide expertise and support of several MMA East proprietary models including the Total Opportunity Matrix (TOM) and Strategic Forecast Model (SFM) to assure content is market relevant and teams understand strategies and applications
- Leverage an in depth knowledge of local and national competition to help assure competitiveness of MMA East's overall value proposition as well coordination with marketing teams as appropriate to highlight key differentiators.
- Coordinate and act as a liaison with MMA, Marsh & others to market services internally as appropriate to help drive continued growth and overall efficiencies.
- Utilize relevant, current knowledge in all facets of health and welfare with a specific focus in prescription drug, stop loss, captive and communications.
- Conceptualize, develop and deliver new products and capabilities within the health and welfare spectrum
- Stay current on industry standards and best practices as well as distribution channel offerings from carriers, specialty vendors, etc.
- Collaborate with practice leader and peers in setting the strategic direction of the specialty practice(s)
- Assume responsibility for the retention, growth and development of a 20M+ block of business
- Support account management in designing comprehensive account strategies including - product expansion, cross-sell opportunities, fee and contract negotiations
- Support the account management team in handling complex client solutions and negotiations
- Work with MMA East's operations team to develop overall tracking and reporting to understand current state and further opportunities for improvement as well as to support capacity of team members to assure work life balance.
- Develop and nurture key client relationships with the account base
- Serve as a point of escalations for client issues
- Demonstrate high emotional intelligence (eq) in all matters related to client interactions
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree or the equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 15 years consulting in EH&B experience with in depth understanding of financials supporting the underlying specialty practices.
- 5 years experience with a national consulting firm preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong organizational, analytical skills and strong attention to detail
- Excellent troubleshooting, decision making and problem solving skills
- Solid interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well independently and as a team member
- Ability to multitask and successfully operate in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to prioritize projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to follow through on and successfully execute tasks while adhering to specified quality standards
- Demonstrated ability to provide superior customer service and maintain positive relationships with client contacts
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including MS Word (intermediate), Excel (intermediate), Project (intermediate), and Access (intermediate)
- Proficiency in use of PC such as keyboard skills and electronic folder/file organization and management
- Aptitude for learning internal systems, applications and internal work flow of the department
- Must be able to effectively interact and deal with people at all levels inside and outside of the company
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
- Frequently required to sit; speak or hear; use hands to finger, handle, feel objects, and reach with hands and arms;
- Occasionally required to stand and walk;
- Extensive use of computer and keyboard and viewing of computer screen is required; and
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Other working conditions are normal for an office environment.
WORK LOCATION AND HOURS
- Work is typically performed either on site at MMA East's King of Prussia & Conshohocken office, or at various customer/MMA East locations as required.