Join us at Maine Medical Center’s Specialty Pharmacy Program. Core functions of this position are as follows:
- Manage operations in the dispensing, documentation, and management of specialty prescriptions
- Work within an overall strategic plan to coordinate care and optimize outcomes for patients
- Engage stakeholders to work collaboratively within the health care team to provide cost-effective and safe patient care
- Lead pharmacy initiatives to expand specialty pharmacy contracts and oversee the program’s compliance with URAC accreditation
- Work on project management and process improvement initiatives
- Participates in the team approach to quality improvement and patient safety
- Knowledge of the federal government’s 340B drug pricing program is preferred.
Shift: Full-time weekdays – Monday – Friday
The role of this position is to assist the Pharmacy Directors in the development, implementation, management, evaluation, and promotion of pharmaceutical services designed to provide timely, cost-effective, and safe and effective use of medications for patients and customers of Maine Medical Center. The Pharmacy Manager is a member of the Pharmacy leadership team. Plans, organizes, directs and operates the department according to MMC, Department of Pharmacy goals, policies and practices. Participates in the development and execution of the department strategic and operational plan. Provides leadership and direction for pharmaceutical care processes in specialized areas of the Pharmacy Department, develops systems of care, solves problems and facilitates processesrequired to meet customer need and achieve division objectives within budgetary targets. Additional responsibilities include performance management of assigned staff, quality measurement and process improvement, practice standards within area of responsibility and regulatory compliance.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Must be a registered pharmacist in the State of Maine.
- Graduate from an accredited college or university with a degree in Pharmacy. Possesses 2 or more years of health-system pharmacy management experience (or equivalent) in a pharmaceutical department of a large health care facility. Completion of a residency preferred.
- Knowledge of large scale health-system pharmacy procedures.
- Knowledge of the basic principles of operations, planning, financial stewardship, and personnel management as they relate to the practice of pharmacy.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form.
- Ability to provide effective leadership through planning, delegation, and assignment of tasks, processes, and responsibilities to pharmacy team members
- Ability to develop and manage policies and procedures.
- Ability to analyze complex problems, formulates sound solutions, secures approvals from key stakeholders, and implements such solutions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other members of the health care team including pharmacy team members, supervisors, pharmacy management team, including nurses, medical staff, pharmacy colleagues, and representatives from the community and industry.
- Ability to instruct pharmacy team members in the methods, techniques, and procedures in contemporary health-system pharmacy practice.
- Ability to implement change effectively using the established committee infrastructure within the organization.
- Ability to provide oversight for clinical training of residents and/or students.