Performs all functions of a registered pharmacist. Supervises and develops pharmacy staff. Assures that staff and department are in compliance with all federal and state rules and regulations governing the practice of pharmacy. Assures that the staff are in compliance with all corporate and facility standard operating procedures, policies, guidelines and work instructions.
- Reviews, receives and verifies new patient orders and documents prior to dispensing. Processes and checks medications and supplies prior to dispensing from the pharmacy. Communicates with physician?s office as related to prescription orders and drug utilization. Provides consultation and answers inquiries from patients, patient?s agent, physicians, other healthcare professionals, and internal pharmacy staff regarding medications and their use.
- Adheres to organizational policies and procedures and ensuring compliance with federal laws, state laws and standards of practice which govern the profession of pharmacy. Maintains pharmacy records in accordance with all applicable state and federal laws and regulations. Ensures proper local and federal laws are followed in the dispensing and record keeping of controlled substances.
- Maintains clinical skills and knowledge of pharmacotherapy by reviewing the literature, continuing education and any company provided in-services. Attends and completes company provided management courses and employee development courses.
- Supervises day to day tasks of pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, and shipping manager within the pharmacy department. Performs monthly department meeting with staff and as needed. Records content of meeting for submission to Pharmacy Director. Ensures compliance and accuracy of any tasks or projects required of the position or staff. Develops and implements performance management for pharmacy staff, and reviews for progress of the employee throughout the year.
- Ensures proper workflow and efficiencies of the department. Ensures measured productivity standards and quality of the department are achieved. Works with Quality and Training specialist to refine and improve any processes that effect quality and productivity of the department. Supervises and assists in training and implementation of any new workflow enhancement procedures. Supervises the training of new hires and temps and any re-training that is warranted for existing staff members.
- Approves employee payroll time submissions and PTO requests. Tracks and monitors employee?s arrivals, departures, breaks and lunches in keeping with company and facility guidelines. Creates and approves employee schedules and requests for temporary and permanent changes. Interviews and hires potential candidates for openings within the department.
Bachelors: Pharmacy (Required)
License and Certifications - Required
RPH - Registered Pharmacist - Pharmacy
License and Certifications - Preferred
PharmD - Doctor Of Pharmacy, State Licensure - Pharmacy
Other Job Requirements
-Active registered pharmacist license in good standing., -Doctor of Pharmacy preferred.-Home infusion or Oncology experience preferred., Minimum of eight years recent experience in specialty or in home infusion setting.