Specialty Pharmacy Fulfillment Pharmacist
SPECIALTY FULFILLMENT PHARMACIST
Ochsner Specialty Pharmacy is part of Ochsner Health System. We are the largest health system specialty pharmacy in our region. We work with providers, nurses and insurance companies to help patients get the medicines they need for difficult or ongoing (chronic) conditions. We offer personalized patient care management for a wide range of specialties including rheumatology, oncology, hepatitis C, and more. Ochsner Specialty Pharmacy has access to dispense most specialty drugs, provide counseling and ongoing monitored support, and overnight shipping to the patient. Our specialty pharmacy clinical team is dedicated to providing the continuum of patient care.
The Specialty Fulfillment Pharmacist ensures accurate dispensing and delivery of medications to patients. The Specialty Fulfillment Pharmacist provides drug information to patients and healthcare providers and oversees the Fulfillment Team. This pharmacist works with the Specialty team to ensure complete and timely receipt of medications, counseling, and compliance with drug therapy. The Specialty Fulfillment Pharmacist demonstrates actions consistent with Ochsner’s Core Values as duties are performed on a daily basis.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
1. Performs patient assessments, manages refills, provides patient counseling, and performs appropriate clinical interventions to optimize patient care
2. Maintains inventory, manages workflow, performs drug utilization and product verification, and shipping of medications. Oversees the Fulfillment Team
3. Communicate with patients, providers, and caregivers
4. Assumes responsibility for professional development and continued education
5. Maintains documentation relative to the job
6. Performs counseling as needed
7. Maintains and fosters and environment of teamwork and engagement
8. Participates in special projects/committees as needed
WHAT WE SEEK
• Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy or PharmD from an accredited College of Pharmacy required
• Licensed to practice pharmacy in the State of Louisiana
• A minimum of one year Specialty Pharmacy experience preferred
Day Shift position; Monday through Friday; Hours are 8:00 am to 6:00 pm; No Weekends or Holidays.
WHERE YOU’LL WORK
When Alton Ochsner and four colleagues opened New Orleans’ first multi-specialty group practice in 1942, they envisioned providing residents of the city with the highest quality medical care delivered with an unwavering attention to the needs of patients. That vision still resonates today.
Located near uptown New Orleans, Ochsner Medical Center is the original hospital and home to acute and sub-acute facilities; centers of excellence Ochsner Cancer Institute, Ochsner Multi-Organ Transplant Center and Ochsner Heart and Vascular Institute and many of academic programs. With over 500 beds, this site highly regarded by the community and offers the opportunity to learn and provide patient care at a Magnet facility all the while gaining exposure to complex medical cases. This campus is also one of six training sites in the world for robotic surgery and is nationally-renown for quality care.
WHAT WE OFFER
Ochsner offers a competitive salary and benefits package designed to accommodate the diverse needs of its employees.
- 061892 )