POSITION SUMMARY: The Clinical Specialist is responsible for calling on practicing physicians and other healthcare professionals, hospitals, community mental health centers/clinics and other health-related organizations within an assigned territory. They must provide the healthcare professional with the most current information pertaining to Indivior products and their approved indications in a manner which will ensure the appropriate use of these products and achieve the business potential of the territory. Accomplishments of these goals must comply with the terms and conditions outlined in the Company Policy and Procedure Manual.
The responsibilities of this job include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Invest the time and the effort to achieve the established goals for the territory such as sales, market share, doctor calls, appropriate program planning, etc.
- Monitoring and analyzing results on territory, maintaining an up to date business plan that evaluates sales effectiveness.
- Plan and organize daily sales call activities to optimize the use of time in private offices, community mental health centers and hospitals to maximize the achievement of sales objectives.
- Recognize changes in the work environment, to develop and implement alternate plans to achieve objectives.
- Ensure all required documentation, reports etc. are timely and accurate.
- Demonstrate a strong clinical understanding of all aspects of Indivior products and related disease states.
- Ensure clear, concise and accurate communication of product information.
- Demonstrate persistence to accomplish objectives despite disappointments and/or rejection of original efforts.
- Create and maintain positive relationships with customers.
- Project a professional business image as demonstrated by neat physical appearance, and appropriate manner of speech.
- Maintain timely communication with Behavioral Health Area Manager and other members of the sales leadership team.
- Participate in field work with Behavioral Health Area Manager and other Indivior personnel.
- Maintain all company-provided equipment in good operating condition.
- Overnight attendance at sales training meetings.
- Overnight Travel as required to manage large geographical areas.
- Represent Indivior at national and/or local conferences if applicable.
***Perform special projects and assignments as directed by the Sales Leadership team.
Education: Bachelors Degree Required
- Pharmaceutical/Medical/Healthcare Sales or other field with at least 3 years' equivalent experience in pharmaceutical sales
- Experience in calling on customers at a variety of call points, including: offices, community mental health centers and hospitals
- Experience interacting with physicians, nurses and ancillary staff within hospitals, Behavioral Health/Mental Health clinics, and private practice facilities
- Able to travel within the assigned territory as part of day-to-day operations. Can operate within a territory that may require overnights and periodic weekends stay for meetings or conventions
- Proven track record that demonstrates top sales accomplishments.
- Valid driver's license with a safe driving record that meets company requirements
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook, and database applications
In addition to the minimum qualifications, the employee will demonstrate:
- Focus on Patient needs to drive decisions
- Demonstrated team work/ collaboration
- Highly self-motivated and goal orientated with a proven record of goal attainment
- Strong work ethic and ability to develop priorities and manage time appropriately
- Ability to communicate/present technical and scientific product information to a wide range of customers
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated team work/ collaboration
- Strong time-management, organizational and planning skills
- Focused listening skills
- Displays a high-level of initiative, effort and commitment to ensure the completion of assignments and projects in a timely manner
- Reads situations quickly. Anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks
- Cooperates with various headquarters departments, when necessary and appropriate on matters of mutual concern.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with key customers and external contacts.
- Experience in product launch or expansion within sales
- Injectable/Specialty experience