Bausch + Lomb is one of the best-known and respected healthcare brands in the world, offering the widest and finest range of health products including contact lenses and lens care products, pharmaceuticals, intraocular lenses and other eye surgery products. The company is solely dedicated to protecting and enhancing the gift of sight for millions of people around the world – from the moment of birth through every phase of life. Our mission is simple yet powerful: Helping you see better to live better.
The Specialty Vision Products (SVP) business unit of Bausch + Lomb is primarily focused on custom contact lenses and lens care solutions which address patients' with challenging vision conditions and specifically includes irregular corneas, Astigmatism and Presbyopia. We offer a broad portfolio of products to help Eye Care Practitioners solve the most challenging patient visual demands, featuring cutting edge materials blended with incredibly innovative optical designs.
Working at Bausch + Lomb
Our team members enjoy a dynamic work environment that encourages both professional evolution and personal growth. Each day you spend at Bausch + Lomb, you have the satisfaction of knowing that you are working with dedicated individuals who share a common vision of constant innovation. We recognize that our team members are essential to our future. It is our goal to make everyone feel respected and equally appreciated so we are all dedicated and committed to the same cause.
Bausch + Lomb is seeking a high performing Specialty Market Manager (SMM) to partner with both independent and retail affiliated Eye Care Practitioners (ECP) in targeted geographic markets to help achieve the mutually beneficial objectives by leveraging product solutions that address the needs of the patient and practice.
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Meet/exceed the territory sales quota and key execution metrics established by sales leadership for the given market
- Execute effective sales calls to ECPs within the designated market and move business forward by using marketing materials, programs and selling techniques to increase share of Bausch + Lomb contact lens prescriptions and lens care recommendations
- Coordinate and execute educational resources within territory to elevate ECP confidence and skills when prescribing Bausch + Lomb custom contact lenses.
- Explore and develop business plans that connect patients with custom lens fitting practices
- Responsible for executing an effective call cycle plan and formulating a strategic territory business plan to develop new customers and accelerate growth with existing customers.
- Partner with vision care sales team to target new business opportunities and leverage overall Bausch+Lomb portfolio
- Maximize new product launches to drive share growth and ECP prescribing velocity
- Demonstrate technical proficiency and clinical knowledge across the portfolio of Bausch + Lomb's Specialty Vision Products as well as competitive products
- Utilize Salesforce.com CRM system to maintain accurate customer information and account progress continuum
- Job involves about 80% travel in territory
- Attend National and SVP sales meetings and trade shows as needed
- Adhere to AdvaMed Guidelines
We are seeking a candidate with:
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline
- 5+ years of successful contact lens or equivalent healthcare sales experience (eye health industry preferred) is required, along with a documented track record of success (attainment to goals, awards, formal recognition) in those roles.
- NCLE certified preferred
- Self-starter with ability to work independently who exhibits positive and constructive attitude
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to anticipate, understand, prioritize and meet customer needs
- Familiarity with the mechanics of coordinating multiple [le health care educational events ranging from large podium seminars to intimate in-office workshop settings.
- Ability to effectively deploy resources that maximize impact (sales growth) and return on investment
- High aptitude for financial analysis and assimilation of complex information
- Able to effectively utilize Microsoft Office suite of products and standard digital technology tools
- Candidates should be physically able to perform all job duties which necessitates: driving in a geographically large territory for long periods of time each day; traveling by airplane, remaining in standing position for prolonged periods of time when giving presentations or lunches; and performing other job-related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
To ensure that we achieve our goals, our team members are constantly learning more about their field of expertise and expanding their skills to allow upward career progression. We are proud to facilitate this development by providing internal and external professional development opportunities. This commitment to continued growth helps drive Bausch + Lomb and our employees.
Our generous benefits package reflects our team appreciate and is provided for both our team members and their families. It includes:
- Competitive Base Salary
- Quarterly Sales Incentive Plan
- Company Vehicle
- Best In Class Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage