Specialty Leasing Manager
The Manager, Specialty Leasing will oversee and direct the specialty leasing program in order to achieve the center’s specialty leasing income, ancillary income and occupancy goals. Primary responsibilities include the ongoing licensing of the common area RMUs, temporary kiosks, temporary inline stores, and ancillary income. Other accountabilities include budgeting, financialreporting and forecasting. Must demonstrate the ability to juggle responsibilities, prioritize tasks and manage time effectively.
- Work closely with the marketing department to ensure ongoing exposure of the specialty leasing program in the mall’s marketing efforts including in mall signage and digital media. Develop and maintain an appropriate level of involvement in community activities representing the property and JLL.
- Identify new and unique prospects for the specialty leasing program and/or permanent leasing. Ensure that specialty leasing retailers and amenities enhance the appearance and values of the shopping center and meet JLL’s visual merchandising requirements and standards of professionalism.
- Maintain ongoing communication with permanent leasing agent to ascertain space availability, merchandise mix goals, and incubation candidates. Generate alternative revenue through ancillary income opportunities. Oversee all specialty leasing retailers to ensure adherence to the property’s operational guidelines and design criteria .Prepare all license agreement documents in the DealTrak system.
- Coordinate the execution of agreements with the General Manager and the licensee.Coordinate all national deals with the specialty leasing regional team. Establish an ongoing partnership with licensees to maximize individual store sales through a retailer communication/sales program. Develop and implement specialty leasing retailer action plans aimed at maximizing sales and increasing the center’s value. Monitor, control, and adjust, as appropriate, specialty leasing budgets and forecasts and ancillary income goals to meet year-end projections.
- Process all license agreements in accordance with the Data Management Procedures.Collect monthly sales reports from licensees and generate a sales report, ensuring all percentage rent and percentage in lieu is billed appropriately. Ensure rent is collected from all licensees adhering to the Specialty Leasing A/R Policies & Procedures.
- Ensure each licensee has provided the appropriate Certificate of Insurance. Coordinate the set-up, relocation, and breakdown of all specialty leasing licensees. Ensure that JLL Core Practices are followed. Support the property team in efforts to maintain appropriate client and tenant satisfaction ratings. Any and all other duties and tasks assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution. Minimum 3 years of practical experience. Experience in managing budgets
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
- Must have or be willing to get Real Estate license within 120 days of employment.