As a Specialty Academic Regional Sales Manager you will lead the team to meet goals and objectives for all aligned GSK Products within the Specialty business unit.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Perform all required duties in accordance with the expectations indicated in the GSK Leading Ways competency framework.
- Lead and manage assigned territories to ensure optimal coverage and promotion of products to all customers and potential customers in alignment with GSK strategy.
- Develop business plans, implement area business strategies, and monitor performance/execution to meet regional, sector and national objectives.
- Meet or exceed expectations for field contacts and time in the territory Provide training, coaching, and development of Account Specialists in all phases of their work.
- Plan and conduct sales meetings to inform, train, and motivate representatives.
- Recruit, hire, and retain qualified Account Specialists Complete all required training, testing, and product certifications within the designated timeframes & complete all required paperwork and administrative duties.
- Attend local, regional, sector and national meetings, routinely collaborating with stakeholders and matrix partners to align and collaborate on common goals.
- Embrace and follow GSK policies, practices, risk-based standards and values in support of our customers, patients, fellow employees, and leader expectations.
- 4-year BA/BS degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 9 years demonstrated successful pharmaceutical/biologic sales experience including time as DSM/FLL
- Ability to travel domestically as necessary, which may include overnight and/or weekend travel. The amount will depend on the specific Region size.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Must be able and willing to drive or operate a vehicle – driving is an essential function of this role.
- Master’s of Business Administration and/or advance clinical/science degree or equivalent
- Military Experience
- Expertise and ability to coach in account-based and buy and bill sales (3+ years preferred). Including Academic/Health Systems expertise.
- Expertise in working with payer reimbursement managers.
- Biologic/Respiratory/Immunology/Rheumatology Sales experience
- Experience leading and coaching teams in major academic centers with a track record of success
- Strong communication, presentation, and influencing skills required.
- Demonstrated teamwork and leadership skills and ability to work in highly matrixed environment
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness