Specialty Account Representative - Women's Health
AMAG is a biopharmaceutical company focused on bringing therapeutics to market that provide clear benefits and help improve people’s lives. Our employees work to develop and deliver important therapeutics, conduct clinical research in areas of unmet need and create education and supportprograms for the patients and families we serve. AMAG's products support the health of patients in the areas of maternal and women's health, anemia management and cancer supportive care. Through CBR®, we also help families to preserve newborn stem cells, which are used today in transplant medicine for certain cancers and blood, immune and metabolic disorders, and have the potential to play a valuable role in the ongoing development of regenerative medicine.
AMAG's core values -- accountable, collaborative, transparent, sense of urgency, and results focused -- provide an important framework for who we are and how we operate. Our values are also foundational to the way we do business and are key to how we execute on our five year strategic plan 2015-2020: Growing, Building, Together. We take a patient-centric approach to continuing to grow our current products through meaningful investment in research toexpand the utility of these products and a strong commitment to patients and support programs.
In addition, we seek to build our product portfolio with additional therapeutics that could benefit from our business and clinical expertise. The successful execution of our strategy hinges on a talented and motivated team of employees who work together to make our plans a reality. Every day, the people atAMAG aim higher, devoting our passion and perseverance to finding new and better ways to support the health of patients and families.
Responsible for targeting obstetrical and gynecological caregivers, pharmacies and hospitals in a given sales territory, the Specialty Account Representative will have business development, account management, and sales/marketing responsibilities to grow the maternal health business
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Develop leads for new business in all area/channels of opportunity.
• Travel throughout assigned territory to call on hospitals, pharmacies and healthcare centers.
• Cultivate professional relationships with all types of obstetric caregivers.
• Proficient in current product, market and disease state knowledge across a complex product portfolio; includes knowledge of competing products and services
• Achieve sales targets through efficient and effective sales cycle and territory management maintain sales base while closing new business in both new and existing accounts
• Responsible for sales, marketing feedback, and customer satisfaction relative to sales activities.
• Represent Intrarosa at local, regional, and national meetings and conventions as required.
• Plan and organize daily sales call activities to optimize the use of time and maximize the achievement of sales objectives.
• Ensure that all administrative tasks (i.e., training modules, expense reports, business plans, etc.) are completed promptly and accurately
• Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university
• Five to seven plus years of related sales experience
• Demonstrated cross-functional communication expertise
• This position requires the ability to work independently with a high degree of professionalism.
• Must be able to travel within sales territory. Some travel outside of territory required periodically
• Maintains a clean record with the Department of Motor Vehicles
• Women’s healthcare and/or injectable sales experience preferred
• Buy and Bill experience preferred