AMAG is a biopharmaceutical company focused on bringing therapeutics to market that provide clear benefits and help improve people’s lives. Our employees work to develop and deliver important therapeutics, conduct clinical research in areas of unmet need and create education and support programs for the patients and families we serve. AMAG's products support the health of patients in the areas of maternal and women's health, anemia management and cancer supportive care. Through CBR®, we also help families to preserve newborn stem cells, which are used today in transplant medicine for certain cancers and blood, immune and metabolic disorders, and have the potential to play a valuable role in the ongoing development of regenerative medicine.
AMAG's core values -- accountable, collaborative, transparent, sense of urgency, and results focused -- provide an important framework for who we are and how we operate. Our values are also foundational to the way we do business and are key to how we execute on our five year strategic plan 2015-2020: Growing, Building, Together. We take a patient-centric approach to continuing to grow our current products through meaningful investment in research to expand the utility of these products and a strong commitment to patients and support programs.
In addition, we seek to build our product portfolio with additional therapeutics that could benefit from our business and clinical expertise. The successful execution of our strategy hinges on a talented and motivated team of employees who work together to make our plans a reality. Every day, the people at AMAG aim higher, devoting our passion and perseverance to finding new and better ways to support the health of patients and families.
As a Specialty Account Representative, you must have a strong clinical mind for the Anemia market, the ability to develop strategic account relationships and to influence thought leaders, and have a solid business understanding of the hematology/oncology, and hospital marketplace.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Attainment of sales quotas through successful sales presentations,
• Outstanding communication skills internally and externally
• Create, build and maintain relationships with physicians and key thought leaders.
• Develop new accounts and expand existing accounts across territory
• Ensure cooperative and collaborative communication and execution between Clinical Specialists, Managed Markets personnel and Account Directors on shared accounts.
• BA/BS degree along with 6+ years of current pharmaceutical sales experience, including 2+ years of specialty pharmaceutical experience.
• Demonstrated persuasive skills and ability to influence decision makers.
• Proven sales success in Hematology/Oncology, Hospital and/or Nephrology strongly preferred.
• Existing relationships with Hematology/Oncology and hospital accounts within the territory preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of account based selling and experience selling an injectable (buy and bill) product is highly desired; general knowledge and understanding of reimbursement.
Special Working Conditions:
• Must be a currently licensed driver with a positive driving record.