AMAG is a biopharmaceutical company focused on bringing therapeutics to market that provide clear benefits and help improve people’s lives. Our products support the care of patients and families facing complex and potentially serious conditions such as high-risk pregnancies, iron deficiency anemia and cancer. Through CBR®, we also help families to preserve newborn stem cells, which are used today in transplant medicine for certain cancers and blood, immune and metabolic disorders. These stem cells also have the potential to play a valuable role in the ongoing development of regenerative medicine. Across our therapeutic areas, we work closelywith the medical and patient communities we serve, always seeking to better understand their experiences and needs. These collaborations inform and inspire our work every day to develop and deliver important therapeutics, conduct clinical research in areas of unmet need, create educational and support programs, and expanding our product portfolio with additional therapeutics that could benefit from our business and clinical expertise.
Responsible for targeting obstetrical and gynecological caregivers, pharmacies and hospitals in a given sales territory, the Specialty Account Representative will have business development, account management, and sales/marketing responsibilities to grow the women's health business. Manages individual territory to grow sales and market share for company products and service portfolio. Achieves territory sales objectives in assigned geographical area by developing and executing an effective sales plan. The Specialty Account Representative possess in depth knowledge of the accounts (offices, hospitals, health systems, etc.). Controls territory expenses per Company guidelines. Reports all call activity in an accurate and timely manner. Accurately accounts for all samples distributed to physicians in accordance with the provisions of thePrescription Drug Marketing Act.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop leads for new business in all area/channels of opportunity.
- Travel throughout assigned territory to call on hospitals, pharmacies and healthcare centers.
- Cultivate professional relationships with all types of obstetric caregivers.
- Proficient in current product, market and disease state knowledge across a complex product portfolio; includes knowledge of competing products and services
- Achieve sales targets through efficient and effective sales cycle and territory management maintain sales base while closing new business in both new and existing accounts
- Responsible for sales, marketing feedback, and customer satisfaction relative to sales activities.
- Represent Intrarosa at local, regional, and national meetings and conventions as required.
- Plan and organize daily sales call activities to optimize the use of time and maximize the achievement of sales objectives.
- Ensure that all administrative tasks (i.e., training modules, expense reports, business plans, etc.) are completed promptly and accurately
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university
- Five to seven plus years of related sales experience
- Demonstrated cross-functional communication expertise
- This position requires the ability to work independently with a high degree of professionalism.
- Must be able to travel within sales territory. Some travel outside of territory required periodically
- Maintains a clean record with the Department of Motor Vehicles
- Women’s healthcare and/or injectable sales experience preferred
- Buy and Bill experience preferred