Working at Horizon Pharma is more than a job – it's personal. We define success by a different set of numbers: the number of lives touched, the number of lives changed, the number of lives saved. We're a team of agile, out-of-the-box thinkers who are inspired to do more because we know we're a part of something bigger. We strive to build meaningful careers at a company whose values we share because when we live up to our potential, we help patients live up to theirs.
Territory: Buffalo, NY
The Specialty Account Manager (SAM) is responsible for representing Horizon products to physicians and health care professionals, establishing Biotech/Infusion product sales, and performing total territory account management. The SAM is also responsible for providing account management support to accounts within a specific geography in the ENDO/OPHTHO marketplace with a focus on issues specific to patient access and reimbursement, and will serve as a resource to accounts to include ENDO/OPHTHO offices/Integrated Delivery Networks (IDNs)/Hospitals/Infusion Centers on reimbursement regulations and processes, and payer policies, as appropriate. The SAM acts as central account manager; responsible for driving product demand and coordinating relevant field teams to address account needs.
- Develops a comprehensive and effective territory business plan aimed at achieving and exceeding annual sales goals established by Commercial Operations Management.
- Promotes Company products within approved labeling in a comprehensive, fair and ethical manner that is consistent with industry specific and corporate legal and regulatory guidelines.
- Addresses issues related to access, pull-through, and reimbursement of Horizon Biologic/Infusion products in the ENDO/OPHTHO marketplace.
- Develops strong customer relationships by better understanding the customer's needs and goals and communicating those needs and goals to other Company team members.
- Serves as a resource/consultant to customers and Horizon staff regarding local, regional and national payer policies, reimbursement regulations and processes (i.e., eligibility and benefit verification, prior-authorization, billing, coding, claims, and appeals/denials), Medicare and Medicaid rules and regulations, and OSHA and HIPAA compliance as related to Horizon products.
- Consistently meets or exceeds corporate sales goals.
- Communicates territory activity in an accurate and timely manner as directed by management.
- Provides feedback to Commercial Operations Management, colleagues, Marketing, and other internal departments about changing environment and results.
- Attends medical congresses and society meetings as needed.
- Adheres to the Company's compliance policies and guidelines as well as any other applicable guidelines, including but not limited to the PhRMA code.
- Successfully completes all Company training classes.
- Completes administrative duties in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Manages efforts within assigned promotional and operational budget.
- Maximizes use of approved resources to achieve territory and account level goals
- Functions as a contributing member of a high performance team.
- Must be able to work closely with patient services and market access team members, and understand their roles, to achieve overall business goals
- Coordinate between accounts and relevant Horizon field teams to support full range of account needs
- Drive product demand among targets through education on disease state and product information
- Educate HCPs and office staff on ASOC options
- Perform such other tasks and responsibilities as requested by the Company.
- Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Bachelor's degree required, Business or Science discipline preferred
- Graduate business or healthcare related degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years pharma/account management selling experience
- Buy-and-bill experience with documented success required; biologic/infusion experience preferred
- Sales experience in Endocrinology, Ophthalmology, and/or rare/specialty disease states preferred
- Site of care and reimbursement experience preferred
- Experience working with institutions and integrated delivery networks preferred
- Pharma account management selling experience essential; must be able to coordinate across field teams to address full range of account needs
- Requires approximately 80% travel, including some overnight and weekend commitments.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Professional, proactive demeanor.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Qualifications Required for Internal Candidates (in addition to above):
- Minimum of 6 months in current role (at time of application)
- In good standing with performance expectation, HR and compliance
- Approval from direct manager and senior leadership
- Ranked in the top 50% of 2018 President's Club rankings (if applicable)
- Horizon Core Values & Competencies:
- Manages Ambiguity
- Strategic Mindset
- Demonstrates Self-awareness
- Cultivates Innovation
- Develops Talent
- Drives Results
- Ensures Accountability
- Decision Quality
- Instills Trust
- Horizon Pharma plc does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. It is our intention that all qualified applications are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. Any individual, who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing this application or at any time during the application process, should contact the Human Resources Department.
- Posted 9 Days Ago