The Specialty Account Manager (SAM) is responsible for representing TEPEZZA to physicians and health care professionals, establishing product sales, and performing total territory account management. The SAM is also responsible for providing account management support to accounts within a specific geography in the designated marketplace with a focus on issues specific to their designated accounts. The SAM acts as central account manager; responsible for driving product demand and coordinating relevant field teams to address account needs.
- Develops a comprehensive and effective territory business plan aimed at achieving and exceeding annual sales goals established by sales and business unit leadership.
- Promotes TEPEZZA within approved labeling in a comprehensive, fair and ethical manner that is consistent with industry specific and corporate legal and regulatory guidelines.
- Addresses issues related to access, pull-through, and reimbursement by coordinating with key stakeholders and matrix team members.
- Develops strong customer relationships by better understanding the customer’s needs and goals and communicating those needs and goals to other team members.
- Consistently meets or exceeds corporate sales goals.
- Communicates territory activity in an accurate and timely manner as directed by management.
- Drive product demand among targets through education on disease state and product information.
- Provides feedback to sales and business unit leadership, colleagues, and other internal departments about changing environment and results.
- Adheres to the Company’s compliance policies and guidelines as well as any other applicable guidelines, including but not limited to the PhRMA code.
- Must be able to work closely with patient services and market access team members, and understand their roles, to achieve overall business goals,
- Coordinate between accounts and relevant Horizon field teams to support full range of account needs,
- Educate healthcare professionals and office staff on site of care options.
- Attends medical congresses and society meetings as needed.
- Manages efforts within assigned promotional and operational budget.
- Maximizes use of approved resources to achieve territory and account level goals
- Successfully completes all Company training classes.
- Completes administrative duties in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Functions as a contributing member of a high-performance team.
- Perform such other tasks and responsibilities as requested by the Company.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Bachelor's degree required, Graduate business or healthcare related degree a plus.
- 5+ years pharma/account management selling experience required.
- Buy-and-bill experience with documented success and/or biologic/infusion experience strongly preferred.
- Sales experience in Endocrinology, Ophthalmology, and/or rare/specialty disease states preferred.
- Site of care and reimbursement experience strongly preferred.
- Experience working with institutions and integrated delivery networks preferred.
- Pharma account management selling experience essential; must be able to coordinate across field teams to address full range of account needs.
- Requires approximately 80% travel (may vary by territory), including some overnight and weekend commitments.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Professional, proactive demeanor.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Qualifications Required for Internal Candidates (in addition to above):
- Minimum of 6 months in current role (at time of application).
- In good standing with performance expectation, HR and compliance.