The Nephrology Specialty Account Manager (NSAM) is responsible for representing Horizon products to physicians and health care professionals, establishing Biotech/Infusion product sales, and performing total territory account management. The NSAM is also responsible for providing account management support to accounts within a specific geography in the Nephrology marketplace with a focus on issues specific to patient access and reimbursement, and will serve as a resource to accounts to include Nephrology offices/Integrated Delivery Networks (IDNs)/Hospitals/Infusion Centers on reimbursement regulations and processes, and payer policies, as appropriate.
- Develops a comprehensive and effective territory business plan aimed at achieving and exceeding annual sales goals established by Commercial Operations Management.
- Promotes Company products within approved labeling in a comprehensive, fair and ethical manner that is consistent with industry specific and corporate legal and regulatory guidelines.
- Addresses issues related to access, pull-through, and reimbursement of Horizon Biologic/Infusion products in the Nephrology marketplace.
- Develops strong customer relationships by better understanding the customer’s needs and goals and communicating those needs and goals to other Company team members.
- Serves as a resource/consultant to customers and Horizon staff regarding local, regional and national payer policies, reimbursement regulations and processes (i.e., eligibility and benefit verification, prior-authorization, billing, coding, claims, and appeals/denials), Medicare and Medicaid rules and regulations, and OSHA and HIPAA compliance as related to Horizon products.
- Consistently meets or exceeds corporate sales goals.
- Communicates territory activity in an accurate and timely manner as directed by management.
- Provides feedback to Commercial Operations Management, colleagues, Marketing, and other internal departments about changing environment and results.
- Attends medical congresses and society meetings as needed.
- Adheres to the Company’s compliance policies and guidelines as well as any other applicable guidelines, including but not limited to the PhRMA code.
- Successfully completes all Company training classes.
- Completes administrative duties in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Manages efforts within assigned promotional and operational budget.
- Maximizes use of approved resources to achieve territory and account level goals
- Functions as a contributing member of a high performance team.
- Must be able to work closely with Rheumatology NSAM Area team members to achieve business goals
- Perform such other tasks and responsibilities as requested by the Company.
Qualifications, Skills and Education:
- Bachelor's degreerequired, Business or Science discipline preferred
- Graduate business or healthcare related degreepreferred
- Minimum 5 years pharma/account management selling experiencerequired
- Minimum 2 years sales experience in Nephrology therapeutic area required
- Buy and bill experience and documented success preferred
- Biologic/biotech sales and reimbursement experiencepreferred
- Experience working with institutions and integrated delivery networks preferred
- Experience working in a team environment which successfully partners with all Commercial Operations functions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Professional, proactive demeanor.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational, analytical and computer skills required
- Requires approximately 20-30% travel, including some overnight and weekend commitments.
Qualifications Required for Internal Candidates (in addition to above):
- Minimum of 6 months in current role (at time of application)
- In good standing with performance expectation, HR and compliance
- Approval from direct manager and senior leadership
- Ranked in the top 50% of 2018 President’s Club rankings (if applicable)