Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers’ experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Come join our team and our employee-focused culture, and help drive our customers’ data to meaningful customer outcomes.
Description: Solutions Integration Engineer / Desktop Engineering
Working in a global team environment, the Solutions Integration Engineer is responsible for the mobility management solution as well as building solutions that tie various technologies together for endpoint and mobility management. The Engineer will be responsible for providing technical leadership and/or support in the creation and delivery of technology solutions designed to meet business needs.
Typical responsibilities for this position include the following technologies Microsoft Intune, Flexera Packaging tools, Transact SQL, PowerBI, ServiceNow.
As a trusted advisor, the Engineer will create and maintain effective relationships to ensure customer satisfaction. The highly-motivated individual will maintain their knowledge of technologies and industry/market domain knowledge.
The Engineer will provide team support for complex projects/programs that include business and technical solutions. Throughout the engagement process the Engineer will be responsible for planning, design, implementation and support to ensure the information technology (IT) solutions strategy is aligned with business strategy
- Technology and business enablement advocate advising the best practice methods in how to utilize IT to drive competitive advantage.
- Hands-on with the following technologies from a security perspective Microsoft Intune, Flexera Packaging tools, PowerShell, Transact SQL, PowerBI, ServiceNow.
- Assistance with reports and dashboards.
- Provide expert guidance to business units, driving solution adoption, and ensuring solution strategy is optimally aligned with business strategy.
- Ability to develop detailed project plans, work breakdown structures and operational readiness materials
- Ability to develop Application Specification deliverables that map business requirements to solution / technologies.
- Able to independently complete solution implementation or application design deliverables.
- Able to learn quickly, and keep pace with the rapid changes in the IT industry particularly in cloud and mobility.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience within a large organization (>3000 users) implementing complex IT solutions
- 2+ years in a technical leadership role.
- Experience designing and implementing endpoint management and security solutions, such as those listed in Roles and Responsibilities.
- SQL reporting, or PowerBI would be an advantage.
- Understanding of Orchestration/Automation technologies
- Scripting languages a plus:
- PowerShell, NodeJS, Python, or Bash
- Advanced knowledge in the following technology areas
- Core infrastructure, virtualization and systems
- Cloud solutions (Public, Private, Hybrid)
- Network and security
- Microsoft technologies
- Excellent communication and verbal skills as well as business acumen
- Excellent problem solving skills required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, place of origin, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable national, state, or local law.