Description:Job Title: Specialist, Systems Engineering (Reliability) Job Code: SAS20212202-56962 Job Location: Alpharetta, GA Job Description:
Performs reliability, maintainability, and testability (RM&T) tasks on military and commercial aviation/avionics products. Responsibilities include new product development design analysis/modeling, reliability testing, and failure reporting, analysis and corrective action (FRACAS) on production and post-production products. Essential Functions:
- Perform RM&T analysis including mean-time-between-failure (MTBF) predictions per MIL-HDBK-217 and VITA 51; failure modes, effects and criticality analysis (FMECA) and failure modes and effects summary (FMES) per MIL-STD-1629 and ARP-4761; parts stress analysis, mean-time-to-repair (MTTR) per MIL-STD-492, and built in test analysis on minor product modifications.
- Perform failure reporting, analysis and corrective action process (FRACAS) on assigned programs including data analysis and trend analysis.
- Perform failure analysis activities at in-house and outside failure analysis labs.
- Complete failure analysis documentation (FARs).
- Present findings at Failure Review Board meetings.
- Understand and use standard Product Assurance processes during product development.
- Work is closely supervised. Tasks are weighted such that impact to the overall project is monitored.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
Job Profile Matching Criteria:
- Understanding of MIL-HDBK-217, MIL-HDBK-1629, and similar standards
- Familiarity with failure analysis equipment including microscopes (stereo, compound, and scanning electron), thermal chambers, cross sectioning, thermocouples
- Exposure to Statistical Analysis tools such as MiniTab, Stastistica
- Exposure to Reliability Prediction and analysis tools such as PTC Windchill Quality Solutions, Reliasoft, Item
- Experience in quality engineering, manufacturing operations, or product testing is a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products such as PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Demonstrates willingness to engage in continuous learning to advance in career.
- Engages with other team members in a respectful/positive manner
- Good verbal and writing skills, ability to communicate information about the data being presented in context for the audience.
Expertise Engineering, Engineering--Electrical, Engineering--Software, Engineering--Systems Location USA - GA - Alpharetta