Specialist, Support Contracts(
HAC0000P1) Honda Aircraft Company, LLC
General Summary: The Product Support Contract Specialist plays the lead role in support contract development. He/she will work with key stakeholders in the Customer Service division to identify business objectives as they relate to support contracts. This position will operate in close coordination with company Supply Chain Management and Legal teams in negotiating agreements that meet the overall requirements of Honda Aircraft Company and the specific needs of aftermarket business operations. The successful Contract Specialist will exercise a high degree of technical and commercial experience to drive favorable and sustainable product support agreements. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with internal divisions/departments to determine the objectives and requirements related to supplier selection, contract development or contract amendments
- Work independently; negotiate contract terms and conditions, considering the relative values or detriments of any changes proposed. Track deliverables with regular reports to senior management on supplier contract status.
- Serve as the primary point of contact on contractual matters between the Customer Service division, Honda Aircraft’s Supply Chain Management (SCM) organization and suppliers
- Coordinate with the Customer Programs team in developing direct maintenance cost (DMC) models for supplier products
- Estimate commercial impact based on proposed contract terms
- Work collaboratively with suppliers to develop new/improved products and services that benefit both parties
- Assist the SCM team in development of Master Purchase Agreements and assess their impact on service and support business models
- Coordinate with the company Legal team to maintain contractual records and documentation in accordance with record retention policies
- Maintain, track and communicate contract terms and other pertinent supplier information to all relevant parties in the Customer Service division
- Coordinate and support departmental obligations to suppliers in accordance with contractual agreements
- In conjunction with other divisions, coordinate periodic program management reviews with key supplier-business partners
- Manage contract variations in accordance with contract provisions. Promptly investigate and resolve disputes in accordance with contractual requirements
- Travel as necessary in support of contracting efforts or related activities (domestic or international locations)
- Work with the company Legal team in creating and maintaining boilerplate contract language for recurring use. Monitor the industry for changes or evolving trends in competitive terms and conditions. Develop business/ROI models for proposed changes.
- Participate in cost reduction initiatives and lead activities that require supplier participation
- Perform other assignments or duties as assigned by management
Education, Work Experience, Certification and/or Licensure:
- Four year degree in business, finance or related technical field desired. Equivalent industry experience may be accepted at discretion of the hiring manager.
- MBA or advanced degree desirable, but not required
- Ten (10) or more years of business/commercial aviation aftermarket experience required, including three (3) or more years of P&L responsibility, or experience with technical products having exchange components, cost per flight hour or other long term support arrangements.
- Five (5) or more years of experience leading aviation product contract negotiations
- Ability to quantitatively express cost of operations factors and the related financial impact
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- - Excellent oral and written communication skills
- - Demonstrated experience in writing and interpreting contract language
- - Familiarity with aircraft maintenance concepts, spare parts management, component reliability and operating cost modeling
- - Proficient with Microsoft applications including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- - Good project management skills
- - Ability to lead teams and multi-task in a fast paced environment
- - Strong attention to detail with proven ability to collect and analyze data - Experience in formulating and communicating action plans and delivering results