At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
Help our customers invest wisely in middlewareinfrastructure that gives them maximum flexibility now and for the future, allowing them to run faster and more efficiently. The Red Hat Public Sector Sales team is looking for a Specialist Solutions Architect to support our sales efforts in the government sector in McLean, VA. In this role, you will join a team that architects solutions, presents compelling recommendations, and convinces prospective Red Hat’s customers to use innovative open source solutions. You'll be the catalyst creating possibilities, solving problems, and establishing working relationships with customers. You’ll need to have a balance of serious technical expertise, passion for open source, a thorough understanding of business processes, and the ability to identify and create business solutions across multiple technology platforms at the enterprise level. As a Specialist Solutions Architect, you’ll need to have excellent communication and people skills, because you'll be a crucial part of the first major experience our customers have with Red Hat.
Primary job responsibilities
- Support the sales team in the delivery and implementation of Red Hat JBoss Middleware and Red Hat OpenShift solutions and offerings
- Discover and analyze customer business and technical needs
- Show a diverse understanding of complex solutions, design value-driven architectures, and present the application and ROI of these technology solutions
- Architect, design, and present multi-product solutions to customers
- Support the sales team with recommendations for development and implementation of complex solutions that result in the achievement of sales quotas
- Meet revenue goals and deployment and service objectives while sustaining good relationships with existing and prospective customers
- Share knowledge and findings so that other team members can learn from your successes and mistakes
- Success in a technical presales role in support of senior sales executives
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English; demonstrated record of developing relationships at engineering and executive levels
- Ability to interpret customer business and technical needs
- Technical translation skills with the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Knowledgeable and enthusiastic about open source technologies and community-based development
- Design and architecture skills with middleware solutions, preferably in one or more major application suite(s) like IBM WebSphere, webMethods, Oracle WebLogic, Red Hat Fuse, TIBCO, etc.
- Ability to work in the field in remote offices; organized with excellent prioritization skills
- Experience with implementation of solutions in a JEE environment or with Java programming is a plus
- Experience with containers and Red Hat OpenShift or Kubernetes is an advantage.