Job ID 61885
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
Achieve sales and revenue goals, evaluate technical requirements of new sales opportunities, and develop technical solutions that successfully meet the needs of prospective customers. The Red Hat Sales team is looking for a Specialist Solutions Architect with a combination of presales architecture and practical technical skills to join us. In this role, you will work closely with account and specialist sales representatives. You'll guide practical workshops and deep-dive demonstrations of our offerings and deliver limited scope proofs of concepts. As a Specialist Solutions Architect, you will also work with Red Hat's most innovative cloud offerings, including Red Hat OpenStack Platform, Red Hat CloudForms, OpenShift by Red Hat, and Red Hat Virtualization. You'll need to have good understanding of cloud computing concepts, experience designing, deploying, and operating virtualization infrastructure hardware and software, experience with Red Hat OpenStack Platform, and solid presentation skills. Successful applicants must reside in a state where Red Hat is registered to do business.
Primary job responsibilities
- Develop and implement cloud sales strategies to help Red Hat meet its objectives
- Present Red Hat's solutions and technical proposals to existing and prospective customers
- Perform direct architecture gathering, design, and presentation of solutions to meet customer needs through workshops and other activities
- Research and write responses to technical sections of requests for information (RFIs) and requests for proposal (RFPs)
- Support presales workshops, demonstrations, proofs of concepts, evaluations, and benchmarks
- Work directly with Red Hat's cloud solutions
- Contribute to the team by sharing knowledge, documenting customer success stories, helping maintain the team lab environment, and participating in team initiatives
- Attend product training and complete ongoing continuing education requirements to grow and enhance your skill set
- Participate in internal meetings with Engineering, Product Management, and other teams to provide product, presentation, demos, or other crucial feedback
- Conduct workshops and facilitate engineering and presales contacts with the partner ecosystem
- Own and meet a revenue quota; perform regular review and reports about the opportunities that your assigned partners are working on
- Facilitate regular communication between partners, Red Hat product teams, and field sales teams
- 5+ years of experienceworking with a top-tier systems vendor, either in software engineering, sales engineering, or a solutions architect role
- 8+ years of experience as a sales engineer, including building and implementing virtualization and cloud computing solutions
- Thorough knowledge of Red Hat OpenStack Platform and other competing technologies
- Solid understanding of and advanced troubleshooting skills in a Linux distribution, preferably Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)
- 1+ year(s) of experience as a sales engineer or equivalent supporting enterprise accounts or 3+ years of experience in operations roles like system architect or senior system engineer
- 2+ years of experienceworking with virtualization infrastructure, (vSphere, Xen, KVM, Docker, PowerVM, or Microsoft Hyper-V); VMware Certified Professional (VCP) certification is a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2008 and later, specifically Active Directory or SysPrep; MCSE, SCOM SCVMM, or Microsoft Hyper-V experience is a plus
- Understanding of core networking topology and devices, e.g., switches, routers, firewalls, and load balancers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; comfortable giving presentations and speaking in front of an audience
- Willingness to travel up to 50%, mostly within a limited geographical area with some occasional travel to other regions
- Red Hat OpenStack Platform (IceHouse or later) experience is a plus
- Skills in basic programming fundamentals and experience with Ruby, Python, Java, PHP, Git, Bash, or Powershell is a plus
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.