Description:Specialist, Software Engineer Job Code: SAS20212409-69927 Job Location: Springfield, VA or Melbourne, FL Job Description:
L3Harris is seeking a software engineer, data scientist, or image scientist to join a team supporting the creation of a research and development AI/ML framework for satellite and tactical UAV systems, that could also be extended to other DoD remote sensing systems. The engineer will be part of a multidisciplinary team working on designing, implementing, automating, and deploying a geospatial data pipeline that may occasionally include experimentation and prototyping ML capabilities. Experience in one of the already described disciplines/roles is ideal, but we will provide more weight to core skills as described in the qualifications section along with the following characteristics: willing to learn, has high attention to detail, doesn't frustrate easily, is not easily discouraged, and has high perseverance. The ideal candidate will feel comfortable working across R&D and operational lab environments, with multidisciplinary teams in a mixed-contractor environment, and direct government customer interfacing. Essential Functions:
- Contributes developing solutions for customers, e.g. image processing algorithms, engineering tools to interrogate/measure various characteristics of the data, and automate existing manual/separate processes into cohesive image and data processing workflows.
- Supports metadata and label data gathering, identify/implementation automatization opportunities, and product/data quality checks.
- Implements procedures to clean, curate, and unify disparate and complex data sets for easy access and analysis.
- Participate in all phases of the software development life cycle, including requirements analysis, design, implementation, integration, and test of software products.
- Works closely with cross functional members of the engineering organization to monitor operational performance of the overall system and identify new efficiencies.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and other contractors.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- An active TS/SCI security clearance
- A Bachelor's Degree and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience, or a Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
- Experience with Python
- Experience processing/handling geospatial data
Job Profile Matching Criteria:
- Experience with data processing and data formats such as data from FMV, high altitude imaging systems like RQ-4, U2, MQ-9
- Experience in Agile software development lifecycle
- Practical knowledge of JBOSS or similar Java EE application server
- Experience with remote sensing, image chain analysis, or computer vision
- Exposure to analysis, exploitation, advanced processing of modalities such as Electro-Optical (EO), Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR), Overhead Persistent Infra-Red (OPIR), Full Motion Video (FMV), Wide Area Motion Imagery (WAMI), and Ground Moving Target Indicator (GMTI).
Expertise Engineering--Software Location USA - VA - Springfield, USA - FL - Melbourne