Specialist Sales Account Representative
5 - 7 years experience • Databases
Ignite your career with Hitachi Data Systems (HDS)! Great careers start with innovation and here at HDS, our mission is to deliver insights that power smarter businesses and inspire social innovation solutions for a healthier, safer future.
The key to our innovation is our people -- our culture values respect, individuality, and collaboration.Hitachi Data Systems, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd. with approximately $4 Billion in revenue, is the best partner to help enterprise organizationsaccelerate theirdigital transformation.
Businesses are looking todigital transformation to innovate, uncover new revenue streams and form newbusiness models, and theseexperiences are driven through data. No one knows data like Hitachi. We have helped the world’s largest and most complex organizations with one thing – data.
We have a proven, integratedportfolio of services and solutions that enable thisdigital transformation through enhanced data management, governance, mobility and analytics.Transform today and thrive, with HDS, tomorrow!
TheSales Account Representative is an end usersales executiveresponsible for leading an HDSsalescampaign utilizing all resources at his/herdisposal. This may include selling direct or through any one of ourchannel partners. TheSales Account Representative will have8-10 accounts and some may beinvestment accounts.
The SAR will be selling and positioning all of HDS’sportfolio as well as a number of Hitachi Ltd. products including Pentaho, IoT solutions, Hitachi Consulting, Smart City and HitachiSecurity. TheSales Account Representativereports to the DistrictSales Manager and may have additionalresponsibilitiesas a National or Global Account Manager.
- The Sales Account Representative (SAR) is responsible for selling HDS and partner product and Services (Products) through direct and indirect channels to an assigned account list.
In most instances, the territory will consist of8-10 assigned 'user' and 'investment' accounts.
- In some cases, an SAR will have National or Global Account responsibility.
- In some cases, an SAR may share (split) an account with another SAR.
- In all cases, the lead SAR will be identified.
- The SAR's main external contact is with end users and partners.
- The SAR will spend 80% of available time in the pursuit of opportunities by having daily contact with assigned accounts.
- The SAR will complete Major Account Plans (MAP) for every focus or investment account in his/her territory and will coordinate the overall execution of the plan.
- The SAR will carry a quota and/or MBOs for his/her assigned accounts based upon activity levels and penetration at each account.
- The SAR will establish solid relationships at all levels within their assigned accounts and direct account related activities to ultimately achieve better account control than our competition.
- The SAR will manage a virtual team of colleagues that will change depending on the salescampaign and must be able to lead the team and provide constant direction.
- The SAR must have strong communication and decision making skills in order to coordinate activities with multiple partners and internal organizations.
- The SAR will be responsible for the integrity of the proposals submitted including the overall structure of the deal and the pricing of the opportunity (as per any price approval guidelines).
- The SAR will provide regular forecasts to the district manager of current and pipeline opportunities.
- Technical Product knowledge
- Business knowledge
- Effective presentation skills
- Communication skills, verbal and written
- Decision making skills
- Ability to influence
- Effective time management
- Financial skills in deal structuring including TCO analyses and leasing
- Effective relationship building
- Must be able to function independently with minimal supervision
- Forecasting ability
- Must be able to lead a virtual team of technicians, service colleagues, finance support personnel and partners to effectively manage an overall salescampaign
- Demonstration of success in large account management and quota achievement
- 5+ years as a sales executive in a similar environment