Reporting to the Regional Manager, Property Damage, the incumbent is accountable for handling first party commercial and personal line losses, as well as property liabilityclaimsassociated with various types of property risks. In addition to claimsinvestigation, the incumbent is responsible for providing field and telephone representatives with technical coaching and claims consulting.
Who We Are:
Economical Insurance is one of Canada’s leading property and casualty insurance companies, but there’s really much more to us than that. Since our beginnings in 1871, we’ve been an organization that has imagined bigger and better things, inspiring us to take chances and think innovatively.
Our employees are the reason we’ve come as far as we have, and the reason we’ll go much further still. We focus on our customers first, we bring our best, and we’re stronger together.
- Handling a wide array of technically complex commercial and personal property claims
- Reviewing losses and communicating with field representatives and underwriters to assess whether coverage is applicable or an exclusion would apply
- Coaching field and telephone representatives on technical matters, including reviewing the facts of the loss, discussing the loss and reviewing their work plan
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of four provincial regulations pertaining to environmental remediation and site containment
- Negotiate claim settlements after all information has been compiled/finalized while adhering to staff authority and corporate guidelines
- Minimum 10 years of claims handling experience
- College diploma, university degree, CIP or FCIP
- Solid understanding of provincial legislation, wordings and insurance acts
- Must possess the following core competencies: commitment to change, commitment to operational excellence, results orientation, development of self and others, interpersonal interaction, ethics and values, business acumen and industry knowledge
- Must be able to clearly communicate verbally and in written form
- Adept at working in various computer systems and software
What You’ll Experience:
- A fun and supportive team with plenty of development opportunities, including continuing your education
- Great benefits, ongoing education and competitive pay
- A company that values the community, wellness and work-life balance