Role and ResponsibilitiesSUMMARY
Performs schedule analysis in support of assigned programs or projects. Ensures major projects and program schedules and plans are integrated across company functional groups including finance, engineering, material, manufacturing, and quality. Tracks plans and schedules, performs risk analysis, identifies and resolves critical path and network logic conflicts. Utilizes Gantt, PERT, milestone charts, earned value management and other project management techniques to gauge progress and identify performance variances to facilitate focus and intervention on critical areas. Ensures compliance with internal program procedures and project control system guidelines. May lead or participate in scheduling status reviews.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Works under general supervision. May be responsible for entire projects or processes within job area. May be responsible for providing guidance, coaching and training to other employees within job area. May manage projects at this level with responsibility for the delegation of work and the review of others' work product.
- Communicates within and outside of the organization which include customers or vendors. Works to influence others to accept individual or team's views or practices and changes to concepts, practices and approaches. Communicates with leadership regarding matters of importance to the functional or business area. May conduct briefings with leaders.
- Work consists of making significant improvements of processes, systems, solutions, or products to enhance performance of job area. May develop new concepts or standards. Opportunities for problem solving and innovation are undefined, where information is difficult to obtain. Conducts extensive investigation to understand root cause of problems. Problems span a wide range of difficult and unique issues across the function and/or business area.
- • Implements strategic goals established by leadership. Establishes operational plans for job area with short-term impact on results (e.g., less than 1 year). Provides input into new products, processes, standards and/or operational plans that will have measurable impact on the achievement of overall function or business results.
- Interface with all functions at all levels in creation and maintenance of schedule data including presentation of schedule activity status, and gathering of status in meeting with all functional levels.
- Analyzes program schedule status (resources, schedule duration, activity constraints, relationships of activities, critical path)
- Performs special project and studies as required. Performs varied program planning, scheduling, and monitoring of an involved nature, such as assist senior planning personnel by researching and gathering specific data, i.e. resources, schedule duration, activity constraints, relationships of activities, and interdependencies.
- Analyze historical program performance data to develop schedule and cost estimates in support of responses to proposal requests.
- Assist in the creation and development of proposal schedules, and in negotiations, audits, and fact-finding.
- Participates or contributes to process/quality improvement teams or initiatives. Identifies and recommends improvements to processes, practices, or materials which lead to positive results in quality and efficiencies. Supports or implements performance driven changes in processes and procedures. • Preparation of monthly Internal Program Reviews and required US Government reports.
- Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
- Communicates with contacts in own team to explain and interpret information.
- Contributes to systems and processes changes in work routines.
- Works to achieve operational targets that impact team results.
- Ability to obtain a Secret DOD security clearance.
- Working in a team environment supporting various organizational needs.
- Be an active participant in maintaining a high level of quality and pride of workmanship within the Program Finance Office.
- Excellent Software PC skills including: Microsoft Project, Excel, Word & Power Point.
- Good communication skills required.
Must comply with all company security and data protection / usage policies and procedures. Personally responsible for proper marking and handling of all information and materials, in any form. Shall not divulge any information, or afford access, to other employees not having a need-to-know. Shall not divulge information outside company without management approval. All government and proprietary information will be accessed and stored electronically on company provided resources. • Incumbent must be eligible for DoD Personal Security Clearance.
WORK ENVIRONMENT This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office
equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
OTHER DUTIES Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.Position Type
CAE thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.Equal Employment Opportunity
At CAE, everyone is welcome to contribute to our success. With no exception.
As captured in our overarching value "One CAE", we're proud to work as one passionate, boundaryless and inclusive team.
At CAE, all employees are welcome regardless of race, nationality, colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.
The masculine form may be used in this job description solely for ease of reading, but refers to men, women and the gender diverse.