Do you have experience working in restaurant operations, supermarket management or have previous restaurant training experience but want to do something NEW? Do you want to stay in the hospitality field but are tired of managing others? Do you like to travel? Have a knack for training others? If you answered yes, our Specialist: Operational Excellence and Food Safety position may be a great career opportunity for you! Apply today to learn more!
Steritech is the market leader in food safety, quality assurance, and customer experience management and the second-largest commercial-only pest prevention provider in North America. We serve more than 60,000 clients, and pride ourselves on being a trusted partner to many of the world's leading brands across industries as diverse as manufacturing, processing, distribution, retail, food service, and hospitality. We are extremely proud of our legacy of service excellence and constantly work to enhance the value and impact of our services.
The Specialist: Operational Excellence and Food Safety position is an opportunity to combine restaurant and/or supermarket operations experience, food safety knowledge and a passion for training and coaching others. This position is on the Operations team at Steritech reporting to a District Manager. The hired person conducts audits that measure conformity to established regulatory, industry and proprietary brand standards for clients in the restaurant, hotel, supermarket and health care industries. In many cases, the Specialist uses best practices and experience to work with a client in a way that goes past auditing and addresses root cause and business solutions.
The Specialist has the unique opportunity to work within a wide variety of restaurants and grocery stores, evaluating food prep and cooking standards, while ensuring food safety and sanitation practices are being upheld. Ensuring brand standards, food quality and friendly service are consistently executed every time will in turn ensure customer loyalty and satisfaction. Our clients are some of the world's leading brands in the restaurant, supermarket and retail industry.
The Specialist works closely with a diverse group of food service professionals, plus serves as a liaison between the operators and their parent company. The successful candidate will have a passion for customer care, high-level knowledge of food operations and food safety, plus the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Our people are our most important asset. We hire highly talented individuals, challenge them, treat them with respect, and provide them with the tools, training, and opportunities they need to succeed. You have the opportunity to travel, meet new people and make an impact every day.
- Performing operational excellence and food safety assessments in retail settings including; restaurants, food service and supermarkets. Consulting with clients on issues observed during assessments.
- Developing and maintaining client relationships.
- Facilitating communication of operational procedures, food safety practices and brand standard information to clients
- Utilizing problem solving and judgment to provide clients with ways to solve concerns and avoid future problems. Educating clients regarding issue resolution, the science of why problems occur and best practices to avoid problems. Understanding quality and flavor profiles, including tasting, that go beyond manuals and written analyses
- Observing cooking, preparatory processes and clean-up to ensure proper practices, safety and customer satisfaction. Evaluating, in a direct manner, customer experiences with clients.
- Promptly completing and submitting assigned reports
- Regularly improving and learning through online and in-field training
- Consistently traveling daily throughout the assigned territory - The Specialist must maintain a company-issued service vehicle and service equipment in excellent condition
- Overnight travel is required; Up to 50% or 10 days a month - Most travel occurs within an assigned territory with opportunities to assist in other territories periodically
- Creating and maintaining an efficient schedule; weekend and evening work required.
Must have at least 1 of the following:
- Bachelor's degree in a Hospitality Management or Equivalent with at least one (1 ) year of experience in food service, restaurant or grocery operations
- Bachelor's degree in a Science with at least one (1 ) year of experience in food service, restaurant or grocery operations
- Bachelor's degree (other than a Science) with at least two (2) years of experience in food service, restaurant or grocery operations
- Associate's degree with at least four (4) years progressive experience in food service, restaurant or grocery operations
- High School Diploma/GED and at least five (5) years progressive experience in food service, restaurant or grocery operations
- Meet the following Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) requirements (Offers are contingent upon verification of MVR checks):
- A valid driver's license for the last three years
- Maximum of three (3) violations and no major violations in the last three (3) years. Major violations include DWI, DUI, Hit & Run, Homicide, Assault, Suspension or Revocation or License, Reckless Driving
- No more than 3 violations in past 3 years with no at-fault accidents
- No more than 2 violations in past 3 years with one at-fault accident
- No more than 2 at-fault accidents in the past 3 years with no violations
- Excellent computer skills - Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools is required
- This position requires overnight travel; Up to 50%. Candidates must be willing to travel by car on a daily basis and by plane as needed. Travel expenses and hotel accommodations are provided.
- This position also requires evening and weekend work, per round requirements
- Offers are contingent upon passing pre-employment Drug, Background and Motor Vehicle Record checks, and Job Specific Functional testing
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Food Science, and Nutrition preferred Degrees in Hospitality Management or Culinary Arts a plus
- Previous restaurant training experiencepreferred
- Experience in restaurant or supermarket management preferred
- ServSafe and/or CP-FS Certification(s) a plus
- Consistent travelexperience in a current or previous position a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Candidates must be well organized and comfortable working independently
- Strong technical knowledge of food safety is preferred
Must be able to physically perform the essential duties of the position which include lifting 32lbs chest high, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, handling, balancing, walking and standing
The hired person conducts audits that measure conformity to established regulatory, industry and proprietary brand standards for clients in the restaurant, hotel, supermarket and health care industries. In many cases, the Specialist uses best practices and experience to work with a client in a way that goes past auditing and addresses root cause and business solutions.