***Due to growth, we are hiring in one of several locations: Goleta, CA, Salt Lake City, UT, Millersville, MD OR Northhampton, MA . This position could also be located close to an L3Harris office with 25-40% travel to Goleta, CA, Salt Lake City, UT, Millersville, MD OR Northhampton, MA. Job Description:
Experienced professional with proficient knowledge of job area and practical knowledge of project management. May manage projects or processes with general supervision. Communicates with contacts inside and outside of own department to explain and interpret operational processes, practices, and procedures. Recommends enhancements to systems and processes. Works to achieve operational targets for specific programs and projects with moderate impact on departmental results. Essential Functions:
- Evaluation and development of system requirements.
- Design and development of hardware that meets system, cost, and schedule requirements.
- Design and analyses of weldments.
- Generation of solid models for concept evaluation and Finite Element Analyses.
- Working knowledge of geometric tolerancing and standard drafting techniques.
- Conduct detail analyses (stress, thermal, etc.) on proposed hardware.
- Provide technical support for the procurement, fabrication, and assembly of hardware and systems.
- Develop plans and procedures to test components and systems during qualification and acceptance phases of a program.
- Provide Engineering documentation as required by the contract using standard Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Travel up to 40%.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Requires proficient knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. May have practical knowledge of project management.
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience.
- Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience
Job Profile Matching Criteria:
- Subsea Design
- Stress Analysis
- Thermal Analysis
- Shock/Vibration Design
- Design for corrosion
- Fiber Optic Design
Expertise Engineering--Mechanical Location USA - CA - Goleta, USA - MD - Millersville, USA - UT - Salt Lake City, USA - MA - Northampton