O Fallon, MO
Not Specified years
Posted 240 days ago
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Specialist, Legal Services (Patent Administration)Overview
The GBSC (Global Business Services Center) is the shared services organization for Mastercard. Consistent with the One LFI model, GBSC is partnering with the Law and Franchise Integrity team to build a legal shared services function. The GBSC team is predominantly co-located in a collaborative working environment in the heart of the MasterCard Technology Operations headquartered in St. Louis, MO. Select regional hubs exist to provide additional scale and agility. The GBSC provides services to all regions and all business units spanning 50 countries.
The Specialist works within the broader GBSC Legal Services team, and has shared accountability for delivering positive customer experiences and efficient business results. Reporting to the Manager, IP & Legal Services Operations, this position will be responsible for a wide variety of important duties related to management of the company’s patent portfolio.
• Does the pursuit of excellence appeal to you?
• Are you committed to customer service?
• Do you have a keen eye for details?
• Are you passionate about identifying and implementing process improvements?
If so, keep reading as this might be the perfect role for you.
• Responsible for a broad range of patent administration services, including uploading legacy patent applications and office actions in Mastercard’s intellectual asset management system
• Reviewing the file history of each patent application against official records in U.S. Patent Office and foreign patent office databases to ensure completeness and accuracy of records
• Uploading several hundred documents per month received from patent offices around the world into the intellectual asset management system
• Reviewing numerous Patent Office documents per month that external counsel uploads to the intellectual asset management system, such as U.S. and foreign filing receipts, Notices of Recordation and Notices of Publication
• Creating new matters in the intellectual asset management system and responding to inquiries from counsel
• Assisting with the onboarding and documentation required for new firms and vendors to be retained by Mastercard, including all GBSC requirements
• Providing assistance to attorneys for docket and calendar management, including scheduling interview and follow-up calls with inventors and outside counsel
All About You
• Basic knowledge of patent preparation and prosecution activities
• Familiarity with Lecorpio, Anaqua, or other intellectual asset management software
• Keen attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to manage workloads involving tasks of varying priority and complexity
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills, with emphasis on collaborating with key legal and business stakeholders on patent matters