O Fallon, MO
Not Specified years
Posted 264 days ago
The GBSC (Global Business Services Center) is the shared services organization for Mastercard. Consistent with the One LFI model, GBSC is partnering with the Law and Franchise Integrity team to build a legal shared services function. The GBSC team is predominantly co-located in a collaborative working environment in the heart of the MasterCard Technology Operations headquartered in St. Louis, MO. Select regional hubs exist to provide additional scale and agility. The GBSC provides services to all regions and all business units spanning 50 countries.
The Specialist, IP Administration works within the broader GBSC Legal Services team, and has shared accountability for delivering positive customer experiences and efficient business results. Reporting to the Manager, IP & Legal Services Operations, this position will be responsible for performing critical invoice reviews and helping to manage the company’s patent and trademark portfolios.
• Does the pursuit of excellence appeal to you?
• Are you committed to customer service?
• Do you have a keen eye for details?
• Are you passionate about identifying and implementing process improvements?
If so, keep reading as this might be the perfect role for you.
• Reviewing all patent and trademark non-litigation invoices (approximately 1,500 invoices per month) for compliance with IP policies and fixed-fee schedules; and communicating with outside counsel as necessary to explain the basis for a disputed or rejected invoice.
• Coordinating with Legal and Finance personnel to address issues arising from the legal e-billing system, for example, problems uploading invoices, linking matters, entering a task code, or any other technical issues
• Responding to billing inquiries and interfacing with external counsel to resolve such matters
• Supporting a broad range of patent and trademark administration services, including uploading patent or trademark applications and office actions to the intellectual asset management system, and responding to inquiries from counsel
All About You
• Basic knowledge of patent and trademark filing systems
• Familiarity with Legal Tracker or other legal e-billing systems
• Familiarity with Lecorpio, Anaqua, or other intellectual asset management software
• Keen attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to manage workloads involving tasks of varying priority and complexity
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills, with emphasis on collaborating with key legal and business stakeholders on patent andtrademark matters