Frontier Airlines is committed to offering ‘Low Fares Done Right’ to more than 80 destinations in the United States, Canada, Dominican Republic and Mexico on more than 300 daily flights. Headquartered in Denver, Frontier’s hard-working aviation professionals pride themselves in delivering the company’s signature Rocky Mountain hospitality to customers. Frontier Airlines is the proud recipient of the Federal Aviation Administration’s 2016 Diamond Award for maintenance excellence and was recently named the industry’s most fuel-efficient airline by The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) as a result of superior technology and operational efficiencies.
The Sr Network Engineer is an experienced, competent, hands-on network engineer who can also provide leadership, guidance and mentoring to the network engineering team. The Sr Network Engineer will contribute in the analysis, design, testing, documentation, standardization, implementation/configuration and support of data networking components. Responsibilities extend to the interfaces supporting IT systems, telecommunications and all other entities dependent on the network for communications.
- Uses knowledge of LAN, WAN, and wireless technologies to support the operations and evolution of the infrastructure.
- Network security competence to interface and support the networksecurity group.
- Supports the monitoring and testing tools used by operations support.
- Network adviser to architecture and all other organizations requiring network services.
The Sr Network Engineer is responsible for operation, optimization and reliability of all network components in the environment. The operations are 24*7 and there may be times of off-hours support, and the engineer will be required to effectively interface with other groups and systems to assure end to end IT services.
- Architectural assistance in design, configuration, implementation, support for the core network, backbone, WAN, and LAN.
- Maintain and troubleshoot a wireless network comprised of Aruba hardware.
- Implement and maintain congestion management configurations such as QOS.
- Implementation and maintenance of network technologies QOS, OSPF, MPLS, BGP, VLANS, and HSRP
- Implementation and support of our Network Management Systems.
- Maintain and troubleshoot SD WAN, supporting remote sites using MPLS, broadband, and wireless.
- Monitor the network capacity, bandwidth, availability and latency based on business and technical requirements.
- Manage various network projects collaborating with other IT and business departments to determine requirements and meet projectmilestones.
- Provide 3rd level escalation for the maintenance and troubleshooting of the WAN and LAN network connections at remote sites.
- Management of TACACS and Configuration, keep sites up to date in KIWI and right scripts for deployment of changes
- Coordinate / provision WAN connectivity between Frontier locations, vendors and remote users.
- Develop, implement and maintain policies and procedures to ensure network availability and security compliancy with Sarbanes Oxley and PCI data standards.
- Create and maintain detailed network documentation.
- Maintenance, updating and creation of Network and System Documentation
- Ensure application of all security policies.
- Work within the Change Management process for production network changes.
- Proactive use of tools, monitors, and syslog files to verify healthy operations and identify potential network problems
- Other duties as assigned
- Configuring & implementation - 20% of time
- Strategic design - 20% of time
- Troubleshooting, maintenance, monitoring & operational support - 40% of time
- Documentation - 20% of time
- WAN and LAN documentation
- CCNP level required; CCIE preferred, or proven equivalent experience
- Bachelors degree; or 5 years of related IT experience considered in lieu of degree
- Minimum 5 years of experience that includes, network design, operational support and hands-on implementing and configuration of network devices including routers and switches in a LAN/WAN environment
- Experience with secure networks a plus. Solid Cisco Router and IOS configuration.
- Experience in designing, implementing, and troubleshooting VLANs using Cisco equipment, to include intimate knowledge of Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) and VLAN Trunking Protocol (VTP)
- VoIP experience from a network perspective
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Solid knowledge of TCP/IP routing and switching, all key protocols including technologies QOS, OSPF, MPLS, BGP, VLANS, HSRP, TACACS, VoIP
- Kiwi Tools and scripting knowledge beneficial
- Knowledge of IP Control, Aruba Clear Pass technology beneficial
- Windows server system environments also a plus
- Wireless LAN support critical, microwave and cellular radio knowledge helpful
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment