This position will evolve the continuous improvement methodology (i.e. Lean Six Sigma) to drive process consistency and efficiency across internal Supply Chain departments, and will be responsible for delivering on the projects that provide savings from the continuous improvement agenda.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Process Improvement Development
Development and application of continuous improvement and agile methodology
• Coach the business in use of CI methodology and tools, to mature CI competencies
• Develop CI framework and structured governance model for monitoring progress against goals
• Coordinate with Training and Development Lead to establish annual training plans and objectives related to CI competencies
• Work together with CI campus leads on driving process improvements and innovation across supply chain functions. This includes partnering with internal (geographic Distribution CI Leads and SC department leads to identify best practices utilizing data analysis to support decisions.
2. Process Improvement Implementation
Integrate continuous improvement work to support overall business strategies
• Lead and manage projects through implementation including project management, obtaining resources, arranging training and implementation support including Process Efficiency and IM as appropriate. Integrate as applicable the continuous improvement work from strategic partner into the RBS continuous improvement agenda to ensure that we get Better Every Day across our entire supply chain network.
3. Process Improvement Monitoring
Establish process for monitoring performance improvements
• Ensure that process improvements are maintained and sustained. Monitor results to ensure improvements are maintained and benefits are sustainable over the long term.
4. Change Agent
Communicate continuous improvement methodology
• Act as the trainer and mentor across Supply Chain functions in the application of RBS's continuous improvement methodology. Develop local skill sets to empower and enable day-to-day continuous improvement and lean activities at each supply chain department and function.
5. Best Practices Insight
Stay abreast of best practices and integrate business insight into relationships with internal and external partners
• Maintain a base of knowledge on industry best practices and evaluate for applicability to RBS Supply Chain through the development of relationships across internal departments, obtain ideas or thoughts on potential improvements to better support the Brands, Stores, etc…
• Ensure our CI methodology is evolving to meet the needs of the business and customers.
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• 8-10 years combined experience in supply chain, logistics, retail, merchandising, category, pricing, procurement, or distribution
• Demonstrated management expertise
Skills and Abilities:
• Oral and written communication skills
• Presentation skils
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Customer focus
• Influence/leadership skills
• Advanced Microsoft Office
• Attention to detail
• Negotiation skills
• Highly motivated, self-starter
• Able to multi-task and prioritize
• Excellent project management skills
• Experience working with cross-functional teams
• Business process development
• Certification in Lean Six Sigma or other Process Improvement methodology
• Critical thinker
• Solid understanding of (our) supply chain network.