The Business Intelligence team provides transactional, operational and financial insight to management by analyzing trends in sales, gains, losses and other performance metrics and by focusing on strategic and operational performance optimization. The dynamic conditions associated with the deregulated electricity and gas markets across the country require a flexible marketing platform and a cutting-edge business analytics and finance function to maintain sustainable competitive advantages. It is a fast-growth, constantly evolving business that requires effective and efficient management.
- Support multiple Vistra retail brands across different commodities and the related sales and service channels across multiple states. Deliver key operational and financial insights by uncovering root causes for trends in sales, gains and losses by type, channel, campaign, product and over time.
- Analyze financial impact of trends and opportunities leveraging business metrics of success and risk such as NPV, PV/I, dollars at risk, etc. to develop financially justifiable recommendations. Partner with Pricing and Performance Management teams to build and further improve relevant business cases. Perform sensitivity analyses for key assumptions and market scenarios, as necessary.
- Provide deep-dive analytical support for DM, OBTM, D2D, call center, and consultant sales channels, including campaign performance measurement, network performance metrics, and vendor performance metrics.
- Provide reporting and deep-dive analytical support for treatment of customers approaching term expiration, including campaign and test performance measurement and channel-level driver performance to provide actionable insights.
- Utilize Visualization tools such as Tableau in both reporting and analysis, as applicable.
- Develop / deliver executive-level views/ presentations to communicate storylines and lead regular management discussions on strategies, tactics, and performance.
- Actively participate in cross-functional team activities, offering original perspectives and challenging conventional views.
- Bachelors with 5+ years of relevant industry experience or Masters in business, analytics, engineering, economics, statistics or other quantitative field from a Top Tier Program with 2+ years of relevant industry experience
- Experience in a consulting and/or market / financial / business analysis role
- Excellent business, financial and analytical acumen
- 2+ years of experience in extracting, cleaning and analyzing data using SAS / SQL, macros, pivot tables, statistical functions and other large data analysis tools
- Very strong Microsoft Excel analysis and modeling skills
- 2+ years of experience is using data visualization tools like Tableau
- Working knowledge of key financial, accounting and business metrics (e.g. NPV, PV/I, ROI)
- Strong analytical skills with a working knowledge of statistics
- Experience in a customer-focused role and building relationships with key internal customers
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills and a strong team player
- Energy industry experience within a competitive/deregulated market is a plus
- Bring strong technical skill set – SAS / SQL / Python / Tableau / Excel
- Very high level of initiative in terms of learning the business and designing valuable processes / analyses
- On-time production of analyses and results of the highest integrity and quality
- Development of clear, concise, and effective executive level reporting and presentations
- Making sure procedures adhere to regulatory requirements