When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Want to be part of a finance team where every day is unique and exciting Are you ready to analyze a diverse set of products that really make a difference If so, then UTC Aerospace Systems is the place for you! By joining us, you’ll have the opportunity to support thousands of aerospace, defense and space systems across more than 150 sites in 26 countries. Additionally, as UTC Aerospace Systems is a subsidiary of United Technologies Corporation (Fortune 50), it operates as its own business with its own reporting structure, financial dashboards and earnings metrics.
This reporting relationship allows finance team members to implement innovative tools for the aerospace market in a stand-alone business environment. If you want to advance your career while contributing to a mission that truly makes a difference to modern flight and space advancements, then this team is right for you!
Do you want to be a part of a global business, creating innovative solutions for the aerospace industrys biggest customers
This is the core of what we do in the Electric, Environmental & Engine Systems (ES) business. At $4.5B in annual revenues, we are about one-third of the total UTAS division. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, ES focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
In this role you will provide critical financial planning and analysis (FP&A) support to the ES and EPS management teams you'll be part of the financial nerve center for everything R&D that happens in this business. As such, the opportunities to learn and grow are tremendous. This is a great opportunity for a motivated individual to get an understanding and foundation of how a multi-billion dollar global aerospace manufacturer functions, thrives, and overcomes adversity through teamwork, analytics, and spirit. The FP&A Specialist will be a key position within the ES and EPS FP&A teams with a focus on Engineering Costs and Capital Spend.
The ability to work with systems, data and think critically is important, as is the need to build relationships and work effectively in a matrix environment. The position reports directly to the Senior Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis and interacts extensively with the ES business unit FP&A groups (entity level, and ES), and functional management (including Engineering, HR and Aftermarket). In addition, there will be interaction with the ES and EPS Engineering Senior Leadership Teams to review and present monthly performance.
- Analyze and support the budget for Engineering in the ES Group organization. Meet with the functional management budget owners at least monthly to understand, explain and make recommendations on key drivers of cost and opportunities for reductions.
- Manage, analyze, and support the budget for Capital in the EPS Engineering organization. Meet with the functional management budget owners regularly to understand the variances and timing of capital spend.
- Ensure timely and accurate coordination of requests across ES business segments for the annual plan, 5 year strategic plan, and PDPRs.
- Provide consolidated monthly step-down variance analyses in support of monthly LE, Actuals, and Plan submissions.
- Support ES and EPS profit assurance processes and meetings.
- Support ad-hocFP&A requests and analysis
- Support the Monthly Close process
- Support internal and external audits, as needed
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Hyperion Financial Management (HFM)
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Degree in Finance or other related field.
- Bachelor's Degree with 5 years of experience or Advanced Degree with 3 years of experience.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job ID 67966BR