Roles and Responsibilities:
We are looking for a motivated individual ready for an exciting opportunity to join the team as an IP Network Management Systems Engineer supporting IP systems engineering activities, collaborating with internal and external teams, and working independently on projects from start to finish.
- Managing IP network management COTS solutions on Windows and Linux virtual servers running within a VMWare environment.
- Updating, troubleshooting, and enhancing solutions within tools such as BMC Remedy, CA/Broadcom Spectrum, CA NFA, Splunk, OwnCloud, Infoblox, etc.
- Designing and implementing new enterprise systems to meet emerging program requirements.
- Automating routine job functions in Python, BASH, or PowerShell as applicable.
- Scheduling and executing maintenance requests for proactive engineering projects and break fix scenarios.
- Working with other engineering groups to maintain, enhance, and resolve issues within the IP NMS systems, servers, and applications.
- Interacting directly with vendors for issue resolution.
- Monitoring, analyzing and troubleshooting daily status of the health of infrastructure and services within an operations center utilizing management and monitoring tools.
- Finding valid metrics and creating reports to monitor health of services and infrastructure.
- Support on-call responsibilities and work after-hours as required.
- Ability to develop and follow detailed instructions and action plans for service restoral activities.
- Ability to impart knowledge and train others.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
- Experience with:
- Network monitoring protocols/methods such as SNMP, NetFlow, and Syslog.
- Implementation/Administration of Network Management Systems (Splunk, CA/Broadcom Product Suite, BMC Remedy, IPAM, Infoblox, ownCloud).
- Networking principles and systems functionality, with the ability to troubleshoot OSI layers 1-7 throughout a COTS environment.
- Linux OS (RHEL/CentOS) and Microsoft Windows OS.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience adhering to deadlines and complete tasks on-schedule.
- Work well in a diverse team environment and with customers.
- Knowledge of scripting using shell, PHP, bash, and/or similar scripting languages.
- Experience with Agile software development and the systems engineering lifecycle.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects according to business needs.
- Knowledge of Web Services APIs, Perl/Python scripting, Bash, Ansible.
- Preferred Certifications – Splunk, CA Spectrum, BMC Remedy, Cisco CCNA, CCNP; VMware VCA, VCP; NetApp NCDA, NCIE; RedHat RHCSA; Windows MCSA.
- Microsoft Office Suite.
- Development of clear and concise technical procedures.