The Network Operations Specialist's responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work night shift 6PM to 6AM. The work shift will be 4 nights on and 4 nights off .
- Use and maintain Network management tools (HP-SIM, Cisco Prime, SolarWinds, SCOM, etc.) to monitor and maintain all IT network infrastructure.
- Monitor, debug and resolve tier II Cisco infrastructure issues (such as routing, network hardware/software failure, configuration, WAN outages, firewalls, or performance issues).
- Monitor, manage and resolve all data network circuits (DS3, T-1, DS0's, DSL, MPLS, VPN, VSAT, cell modems, IWAN, etc.).
- Monitor, debug and resolve all tier II Windows 2003 & 2016 server environment based on IT standards and application/business requirements.
- Debug network issues with packet sniffer
- Monitor and validate the functionality of IT supported applications.
- Monitor, debug, resolve tier 1 remote SCADA and plant control connectivity issues.
- Manage Support Center ticket escalations concerning server administration, network infrastructure, Pipeline Control Desk, and IT applications issues.
- Support and maintain all Network Operation Center documentation (procedures, processes, and vendor information).
- Maintain ownership of NOC trouble tickets until problem is resolved.
- Support and manage report generation for network infrastructure, administration, performance, and trouble ticketing.
- Support and maintain critical SCADA network and Domain infrastructure environment.
- Support Center role during non-business hours.
- Follow strict IT Security policies.
- Perform other duties as delegated by IT Management.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and/or experience.
- MCSA and CCNP preferred or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 4 years experience in supporting enterprise Cisco Network.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in supporting enterprise Microsoft servers and related systems.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Server operating systems.
- Strong knowledge of HPSIM, Orion, SCOM, and Cisco Works management systems.
- Strong knowledge/experience in data circuit issues (DS-3, T-1, DSO's, DSL and Frame Relay).
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting Cisco routers and switches, specifically including layer-3 Catalyst switches.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must possess strong analytical abilities to trouble shoot server and network hardware/software issues.
- Ability to work well individually or in a group and share information.