Description:Job Title: Specialist, Configuration Manager Job Code: SAS20210205-60626Job Location:
Colorado Springs Job Description:
L3Harris Technologies is seeking an experienced Configuration Manager to support the Colorado Springs, CO office to include contribution to development of Software and Hardware Configuration Management Baselines and Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL) Scheduling and Tracking. Essential Functions:
- Implementation of hardware, software and system configuration management principles in sustainment and development environments
- Responsible for configuration management and interfacing daily with the program team.
- Establish configuration management plans in accordance with established procedures and contractual requirements
- Authorize the release of drawings, software builds, and changes specified by Engineering
- Analyze proposed product design changes to determine their effect on the overall system
- Responsible for Class I / Class II Change Control
- Perform regular configuration audits on established operational baselines to include PCA and FCA's
- Prepare Configuration Management cost plans for task orders and proposals
- Coordinate with Project Management, Engineering and Logistics departments to ensure project deliverables meet project delivery dates
- Provide DM and technical editing of system documentation deliverables including specifications, software baseline documents, briefings, minutes, and other documents utilizing all Microsoft Office Applications
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
- Willing to work overtime and/or outside of normal business hours as needed to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of EIA-649B and MIL-STD-973 Configuration Management Principles as they apply to both Hardware and Software
- Experience with Adobe Pro or Nitro Pro, JIRA, Confluence as well as the Microsoft Office Suite of Programs to include MS Project and Visio
- Must possess or be eligible to obtain a Secret security clearance. Persons already possessing required clearances are preferred. Additional consideration given to candidates with Secret security clearance.
- Reading and understanding Contract Statements of Work and Performance Work Statements
- Experience in time management ability and sense of urgency in meeting critical deadlines
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment and demonstrate flexibility in daily work
- Strong Excel, Word and PowerPoint knowledge
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to work individually and as a team member to achieve team objectives
- Experience with Aras Innovator and Agile PDM
- Understanding of DoD-STD-963 "Data Item Descriptions" and DD Form 1423's including formatting requirements included therein
- Understanding of DoD 50101.12-M Procedures for the Acquisition and Management of Technical Data
In compliance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role in Colorado is $65,000 - $120,500 (salary ranges in other locations could differ). This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location. L3Harris also offers a variety of benefits including: health and disability insurance, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and company-paid holidays. The specific programs and options available to an employee may vary depending on date of hire, schedule type, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements. Job Profile Matching Criteria:
Expertise Engineering Location USA - CO - Colorado Springs